From: Emily on
YANewsreader wrote:

> I bet they're ROTFL over at misc.kids.pregnancy but why the f**k did you
> crosspost on rec.photo.digital?
>
> Unless you've taken some good shots of granny's prolapsed cervix....
> (Information overload!!!)

Oops -- how embarrassing. I actually tried to get rid of
all the crossposting from the original troll, but I didn't
scroll down, and so didn't see rec.photo.digital.

My apologies,
Emily
From: Mxsmanic on
Sherrie Lee writes:

> I don't know about fall right out.
> I know of this woman who'd given birth
> and the birth caused her uterus
> to be ripped out of her. She hemouraged.
> Had to have emergency surgery.
> All seemed to be due to that labour, birth
> inducing medication that was administered.

Not necessarily. Sometimes it's just happens. It's rare, but it can
kill a woman very quickly if it isn't properly handled.

There are a lot of very bad things that can go wrong in a pregnancy and
especially during delivery. Until modern medicine came along,
childbirth was the leading cause of death among women. Fortunately,
serious complications are still fairly rare, and today most can be
handled adequately if the delivery takes place in a properly-equipped
medical facility.

From: Gene Palmiter on
Although I was once an EMT (army medic and ambulance driver) and have
assisted on a couple of birthings the knowlege I have of this is from the
books from the English vet All Creatures Great and Small and the once that
followed. Seems that repairing this problem was one of his more common
activities. I wonder if the difference in postures between women and animals
during birthing can account for the difference in occurance.

From: lefty on
It ceretainly is... I work with several everyday!! Shame you can't
put them back..