From: M on
Sal wrote:
> On Oct 26, 7:28 am, M <M...(a)nospammail.com.invalid> wrote:
>> Sal wrote:
>>> Looking for the equivalent of this newsgroup but for only for Windows
>>> 7. Does one exist?
>> It appears that Microsoft has decided they would rather have moderated
>> groups on the web. As of now, there are no newsgroups for Windows 7 and
>> I would be very surprised if they created any.

> Does that mean that anything negative (like about Vista) would be
> deleted?

I have no idea what standards are followed to moderate posts.

From: Sal on
On Oct 26, 8:12 am, milt <theatreguy_dunsp...(a)miltsweb.com> wrote:
> Sal wrote:
> >> It appears that Microsoft has decided they would rather have moderated
> >> groups on the web. As of now, there are no newsgroups forWindows7and
> >> I would be very surprised if they created any.

> > Does that mean that anything negative (like about Vista) would be
> > deleted?
>
> All it means is there is no newsgroups aboutWindows7. However, I
> wouldn't be surprised if all the trolls and garbage had something to do
> with it.

I wouldn't call Vista users who had legitimate complaints about the
poor performance of that OS trolls or garbage. These are people who
expected something at least as good as XP and wanted to voice their
opinion. And they had every right to do so.
From: Tom Willett on
Windows 7 forums
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

From: Tim Slattery on
Sal <here(a)softcom.net> wrote:

>I wouldn't call Vista users who had legitimate complaints about the
>poor performance of that OS trolls or garbage.

Maybe not, but there are plenty of posters in
ms.p.windows.vista.general who definitely deserve those terms.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov
From: John John - MVP on
Tim Slattery wrote:
> Sal <here(a)softcom.net> wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't call Vista users who had legitimate complaints about the
>> poor performance of that OS trolls or garbage.
>
> Maybe not, but there are plenty of posters in
> ms.p.windows.vista.general who definitely deserve those terms.

As it is now most of the garbage in that group is generated by a handful
of trolls.

John
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5