From: ANONYMOUS on

milt wrote:

> All it means is there is no newsgroups about Windows 7. However, I
> wouldn't be surprised if all the trolls and garbage had something to
> do with it.

It is all because MVPs are abusing microsoft customers on newsgroups so
it has been decided to make it all forum based so that MSFT can take
control of the events. MVPs are bunch of loonies and Obama has decided
to call it an EMERGENCY because they were spreading swine flue or H1N1.
MVP stands for Most Valuable Pig though there is nothing valuable in them.

From: ANONYMOUS on
Hey Piggy,

How come you didn't know that it is possible to read forums using NNTP
(or newsgroups as you call it)? Haven't you heard of something called
"Forums NNTP Bridge" Now you call yourself MVP but you didn't know this?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/announce/thread/4d7bafd6-fcb6-4c86-85ec-906a055a8da6

Instructions are here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=13820&SiteID=927

Now this should keep you busy for sometime at your tender age of 78.

hth

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Are those newsgroups? I don't think so...
"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd(a)lamparty.net> wrote in message news:%23FC2rHpVKHA.2340(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
try this one.
web based
From: Richard on
> "Sal" <here(a)softcom.net> wrote in message
> Looking for the equivalent of this newsgroup but for only for
> Windows 7. Does one exist?

Flaky Windows 7 web-based forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

Newsgroups:
alt.nl.os.windows.windows7
alt.windows7.general
it.comp.os.win.windows7
microsoft.public.it.windows7 <-- available at msnews.microsoft.com

No signs of "microsoft.public.windows7.general" so far.

(Dear Microsoft... Oh, never mind... :)

From: Tim Slattery on
"Richard" <richard(a)avbtab.org> wrote:

>microsoft.public.it.windows7 <-- available at msnews.microsoft.com

This group is no longer on msnews.microsoft.com

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov