From: Monique on
I am trying to look for a function that would will display the first of the
month if the cell I am referencing is a date in that month.

For instance: I have a date that says 12/16/09 I want the function/formula
to return 12/1/09.

Is this possible?

I cant seem to find it anywhere.
From: T. Valko on
This will return the 1st of the month for the date entered in cell A1:

=A1-DAY(A1)+1

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Yanick on
On Jan 21, 1:02 pm, Monique <Moni...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am trying to look for a function that would will display the first of the
> month if the cell I am referencing is a date in that month.
>
> For instance: I have a date that says 12/16/09 I want the function/formula
> to return 12/1/09.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Assuming you date is in A1