From: Josh on
Hello,
I am trying to create a time function that will look at a typical day and
add the hours. Then show how many hours after 8 is overtime. I have the
first part created, but how can I write a formula that will look at say 12:45
hours and tell me 4:45 of it is overtime? Please help!!

Thanks!!!
From: Per Jessen on
Hi

=A1-TIMEVALUE("8:00")

Format the resulting cell as time.

Regards,
Per

From: Teethless mama on
=MAX(A1,"8:00")-"8:00"

From: Josh on
Thanks Teethless mama.

Now where would i put this? I tried to put it in a cell and link it to my
time, but the format just shows 12:00 AM

From: Josh on

Per,

That worked PERFECTLY!!! Thank you!!!

Now one more question. I am also trying to add up the time but the simple
=sum (a2:d2) doesnt work. Is there a special one for time?