From: Per Jessen on
Thanks for your reply.

Sure, =SUM(A2:D2) work on time, but if the result exceeds 24 hours,
you have to format the resulting cell as Custom: [h]:mm to show the
result as hours.
(Goto Format > Cells > Number > Custom > Type: [h]:mm)

Regards,
Per

From: Josh on
Hello Per,
I have tried this method and it still comes up as 0:00. I even made the
custom [h]:mm and used the h:mm format. Here is what the cell format is
currently

=SUM(J2:J34) It is formatted as [h]:mm

From: Josh on
I just noticed that if it is actual time it works. What I am trying to
caculate is the extra time with this formula. =TEXT(E30+I30,"h:mm") How can
I add that time up?

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
If you want to add it up, you need to make it a time, not text, so
=E30+I30 (and format as [h]:mm)
--
David Biddulph