From: Thomas Olszewicki on
On Mar 31, 6:06 am, Noons <wizofo...(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Frank van Bortel wrote,on my timestamp of 29/03/2010 12:39 AM:
>
> >>  I want to synchronize 2 databases with oracle 10g R2 standard One
> >> edition.
> >> How can I do it ?(With old 8i systems we created snapshots )
> >> and is there any better ways in 10g R2?
> >> Thank you.
> >> Best
> >> Lau. Lu
> > Streams. Transportable tablespaces.
>
> Why not simply use manual standby?  Archive redo logs and send them to the
> remote site.  Restore db from backup, mount with the snapcf copy of the
> controlfile taken by rman at end of redo log archive, roll it forward, shut it
> down or open read only or open resetlogs, depending on what is needed in the
> second site.  There is a paper on that in MOS.
> Works for me - and has worked for a looong time - it's not buggy and fast....

Noons,
>>There is a paper on that in MOS<<
Could you post MOS number of this document.
Thank you very much.
Thomas
From: The Boss on
Thomas Olszewicki wrote:

>>> Streams. Transportable tablespaces.
>>
>> Why not simply use manual standby? Archive redo logs and send them
>> to the remote site. Restore db from backup, mount with the snapcf
>> copy of the controlfile taken by rman at end of redo log archive,
>> roll it forward, shut it down or open read only or open resetlogs,
>> depending on what is needed in the second site. There is a paper on
>> that in MOS.
>> Works for me - and has worked for a looong time - it's not buggy and
>> fast...
>
> Noons,
>>> There is a paper on that in MOS<<
> Could you post MOS number of this document.
> Thank you very much.
> Thomas

I could be wrong, in which case Noons most probably will correct me, but I
think this is the document he is referring to:
"Alternative for standby/dataguard in standard edition" [Note:333749.1]
It's a good read anyway, I guess.

HTH.

--
Jeroen