From: Jia Lu on
Hi all
I want to synchronize 2 databases with oracle 10g R2 standard One
edition.
How can I do it ?(With old 8i systems we created snapshots )
and is there any better ways in 10g R2?
Thank you.
Best
Lau. Lu
From: gazzag on
On 23 Mar, 07:08, Jia Lu <roka...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>  I want to synchronize 2 databases with oracle 10g R2 standard One
> edition.
> How can I do it ?(With old 8i systems we created snapshots )
> and is there any better ways in 10g R2?
> Thank you.
> Best
> Lau. Lu

Why?

-g
From: Rob Burton on
On Mar 23, 7:08 am, Jia Lu <roka...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>  I want to synchronize 2 databases with oracle 10g R2 standard One
> edition.
> How can I do it ?(With old 8i systems we created snapshots )
> and is there any better ways in 10g R2?
> Thank you.
> Best
> Lau. Lu

Snapshots/Materialized Views are probably what you want still.
From: John Hurley on
On Mar 23, 3:08 am, Jia Lu <roka...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Hi all
>  I want to synchronize 2 databases with oracle 10g R2 standard One
> edition.
> How can I do it ?(With old 8i systems we created snapshots )
> and is there any better ways in 10g R2?
> Thank you.
> Best
> Lau. Lu

If it is one way replication then dropping schemas and using impdp
( import data pump ) can work really well.
From: Shakespeare on
Op 23-3-2010 8:08, Jia Lu schreef:
> Hi all
> I want to synchronize 2 databases with oracle 10g R2 standard One
> edition.
> How can I do it ?(With old 8i systems we created snapshots )
> and is there any better ways in 10g R2?
> Thank you.
> Best
> Lau. Lu

Oracle streams is supported on Standard Edition One (apply only). You
could use it to synchronize tables.

Shakespeare