From: Mel on
I'm looking for a laptop with XP.
Saw this on Ebay for an Inspiron E1505.
I think it will go for $170 + $20 S/h and I will first ask about the
condition of the battery. Is this a decent deal?

(My use is minimal-- internet surfing, word processing, spreadsheet, online
poker)

Item specifics - PC Laptops
Brand: Dell Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Screen Size: 15 inch Processor Configuration: Dual Core
Operating System: Windows XP Home Memory (RAM): 1 GB
Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 120 GB

I also saw this one that will go for maybe $145 + $20:
It's a B-130

Item specifics - PC Laptops
Brand: Dell Processor Type: Intel Celeron M
Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Screen Size: 15 inch Processor Configuration: Single Core
Operating System: Windows XP Memory (RAM): 1 GB
Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 100 GB

From: Pen on
On 4/24/2010 4:12 PM, Mel wrote:
> I'm looking for a laptop with XP.
> Saw this on Ebay for an Inspiron E1505.
> I think it will go for $170 + $20 S/h and I will first ask about the
> condition of the battery. Is this a decent deal?
>
> (My use is minimal-- internet surfing, word processing, spreadsheet, online
> poker)
>
> Item specifics - PC Laptops
> Brand: Dell Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
> Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
> Screen Size: 15 inch Processor Configuration: Dual Core
> Operating System: Windows XP Home Memory (RAM): 1 GB
> Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 120 GB
>

> I also saw this one that will go for maybe $145 + $20:
> It's a B-130
>
> Item specifics - PC Laptops
> Brand: Dell Processor Type: Intel Celeron M
> Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
> Screen Size: 15 inch Processor Configuration: Single Core
> Operating System: Windows XP Memory (RAM): 1 GB
> Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 100 GB

The first is a much better buy than the second. Ask for the
service tag so you can check the Dell web site to find out
if it is as advertised. The computer could have come with as
little as a celeron or a core duo or a core 2 duo.
From: Pen on
On 4/24/2010 4:12 PM, Mel wrote:
> I'm looking for a laptop with XP.
> Saw this on Ebay for an Inspiron E1505.
> I think it will go for $170 + $20 S/h and I will first ask about the
> condition of the battery. Is this a decent deal?
>
> (My use is minimal- internet surfing, word processing, spreadsheet, online
> poker)
>
> Item specifics - PC Laptops
> Brand: Dell Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
> Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
> Screen Size: 15 inch Processor Configuration: Dual Core
> Operating System: Windows XP Home Memory (RAM): 1 GB
> Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 120 GB
>

> I also saw this one that will go for maybe $145 + $20:
> It's a B-130
>
> Item specifics - PC Laptops
> Brand: Dell Processor Type: Intel Celeron M
> Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
> Screen Size: 15 inch Processor Configuration: Single Core
> Operating System: Windows XP Memory (RAM): 1 GB
> Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 100 GB

I already replied to this in the 2nd of your previous posts
of this same question.
However, a laptop that's 3 years old is a marginal buy if
you don't know where it came from. If it was used by a
business man and traveled it's probably worn out.
From: Ben Myers on
On 4/24/2010 4:12 PM, Mel wrote:
> I'm looking for a laptop with XP.
> Saw this on Ebay for an Inspiron E1505.
> I think it will go for $170 + $20 S/h and I will first ask about the
> condition of the battery. Is this a decent deal?
>
> (My use is minimal-- internet surfing, word processing, spreadsheet, online
> poker)
>
> Item specifics - PC Laptops
> Brand: Dell Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
> Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
> Screen Size: 15 inch Processor Configuration: Dual Core
> Operating System: Windows XP Home Memory (RAM): 1 GB
> Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 120 GB
>

> I also saw this one that will go for maybe $145 + $20:
> It's a B-130
>
> Item specifics - PC Laptops
> Brand: Dell Processor Type: Intel Celeron M
> Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
> Screen Size: 15 inch Processor Configuration: Single Core
> Operating System: Windows XP Memory (RAM): 1 GB
> Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 100 GB

Nix on the B-130. Pretty cheaply made. Celeron M can hold a candle to
a Core 2 Duo.

E1505 is a pretty decent model... Ben Myers