From: Robert Montgomery on
How can I keep the music streaming from my Mac to the Airport Express in
the next room?

After a period of the music being played both on my Mac and the Airport
Express in the adjacent room, the music stops coming from the Airport
Express. So I keep on having to go to the room where the Mac is, going
to Itunes, opening the popup menu at the bottom of Itunes's window, and
unchecking and re-checking the box that says "Multiple Speakers" to get
the music to start again on the Airport Express.

I realize that the radio stations drop the signal to listeners'
computers periodically to try to save bandwidth, which means I have to
re-click on the radio station's icon in Itunes, but that's not the
problem I'm referring to here.

The problem I'm referring to here is when the music is still playing on
the Mac but stops playing on the Airport Express, even though the
"Multiple Speakers" icon is still checked in Itunes's popup window.

Robert
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <NHQUn.7769$z%6.6887(a)edtnps83>,
Robert Montgomery <info-block(a)northern-data-tech.net> wrote:

> How can I keep the music streaming from my Mac to the Airport Express in
> the next room?
>
> After a period of the music being played both on my Mac and the Airport
> Express in the adjacent room, the music stops coming from the Airport
> Express. So I keep on having to go to the room where the Mac is, going
> to Itunes, opening the popup menu at the bottom of Itunes's window, and
> unchecking and re-checking the box that says "Multiple Speakers" to get
> the music to start again on the Airport Express.
>
> I realize that the radio stations drop the signal to listeners'
> computers periodically to try to save bandwidth, which means I have to
> re-click on the radio station's icon in Itunes, but that's not the
> problem I'm referring to here.
>
> The problem I'm referring to here is when the music is still playing on
> the Mac but stops playing on the Airport Express, even though the
> "Multiple Speakers" icon is still checked in Itunes's popup window.
>
> Robert

Sounds like your Airport Express is too far away from the wireless
router, and is losing the connection periodically.

JR
From: Robert Montgomery on
Jolly Roger wrote:
> In article<NHQUn.7769$z%6.6887(a)edtnps83>,
> Robert Montgomery<info-block(a)northern-data-tech.net> wrote:
>
>> How can I keep the music streaming from my Mac to the Airport Express in
>> the next room?
>>
>> After a period of the music being played both on my Mac and the Airport
>> Express in the adjacent room, the music stops coming from the Airport
>> Express. So I keep on having to go to the room where the Mac is, going
>> to Itunes, opening the popup menu at the bottom of Itunes's window, and
>> unchecking and re-checking the box that says "Multiple Speakers" to get
>> the music to start again on the Airport Express.
>>
>> I realize that the radio stations drop the signal to listeners'
>> computers periodically to try to save bandwidth, which means I have to
>> re-click on the radio station's icon in Itunes, but that's not the
>> problem I'm referring to here.
>>
>> The problem I'm referring to here is when the music is still playing on
>> the Mac but stops playing on the Airport Express, even though the
>> "Multiple Speakers" icon is still checked in Itunes's popup window.
>>
>> Robert
>
> Sounds like your Airport Express is too far away from the wireless
> router, and is losing the connection periodically.

Thanks, Jolly.

The Airport Express is only about four feet from my Mac, with a wall in
between.

Robert
From: gtr on
On 2010-07-01 11:37:32 -0700, Robert Montgomery said:

>>> After a period of the music being played both on my Mac and the Airport
>>> Express in the adjacent room, the music stops coming from the Airport
>>> Express. So I keep on having to go to the room where the Mac is, going
>>> to Itunes, opening the popup menu at the bottom of Itunes's window, and
>>> unchecking and re-checking the box that says "Multiple Speakers" to get
>>> the music to start again on the Airport Express.
>>
>> Sounds like your Airport Express is too far away from the wireless
>> router, and is losing the connection periodically.
>
> The Airport Express is only about four feet from my Mac, with a wall in
> between.

I use mine regularly and that occasionally happens for a moment, not
longer than 10-20 seconds. Even that is kind of a rarity.

But It use to happen more frequently. I wiped my AE settings and
reconfigured it anew and it worked much better. I can't say why. In
fact I'm not even sure that's what made it work better. The distance is
probably 50 feet. and through a wall. When I configured it, I brought
it into the office and it was on my desktop while I prepped it. Then I
unplugged it and took it back to the living room where it lives.

There was another location I sometimes used. I simply unplugged the AE
and took it to the other room. That location was maybe 35 feet and took
a slightly bent route through two hall ways. There it sputtered and
cut in and out like crazy and was pretty much useless. I also can't get
a decent radio reception in there. I have a little transistor radio,
and a boom-box AM/FM; neither will work properly. All across the band
they pick up only one very l loud local station on AM and nothing but
static on FM. I think it has to do with the wiring in the house setting
up a field of sorts. That's just a guess.

Has your AE always worked that way?
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

From: gtr on
>> In article<NHQUn.7769$z%6.6887(a)edtnps83>,
>> Robert Montgomery<info-block(a)northern-data-tech.net> wrote:
>>
>>> After a period of the music being played both on my Mac and the Airport
>>> Express in the adjacent room, the music stops coming from the Airport
>>> Express. So I keep on having to go to the room where the Mac is, going
>>> to Itunes, opening the popup menu at the bottom of Itunes's window, and
>>> unchecking and re-checking the box that says "Multiple Speakers" to get
>>> the music to start again on the Airport Express.

Working through my periodic problems with the AE I went to the apple
discussions page. They've been quite helpful. In fact with a number of
difficulties they've provided solutions for almost everything I can't
address here.
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: synchronizing two macs
Next: Restoring lost ITMS items