From: Mark Murray on
On 03/07/2010 04:12, Sue San wrote:
> ckout more on his blog => this guy is out to lunch
> Who would spend the time to type in little messages like that and send it
> off into no-where land?

I'm an avid fan of all of his blogs, his discussion group[*], his
ScribD pages and his twitter feed.

Mark "No Nickname" Murray
Notable nebbish, extreme generalist.

[*] Oxymoron. Discussion is not allowed there.
From: JSH on
On Jul 2, 8:12 pm, "Sue San" <inva...(a)invalid.com> wrote:
> "Mark Murray" <w.h.o...(a)example.com> wrote in message

> > On 02/07/2010 04:44, MichaelW wrote:
> >> To the governments of the world.
>
> >> I have got sufficient details from the posting of one James Harris to
> >> allow me to write code that breaks any and all encryption currently in
> >> use. I have successfully hacked into the systems that control the US
> >> nuclear arsenal. Please send one hundred billion dollars in small
> >> unmarked bills to James Harris (currently residing in LA, California)
> >> or I will start destroying your cities.
>
> >> Have a nice day. Michael W.
>
> > Michael,
>
> > Before the evidence is lost forever, it must be noted the formidable
> > nature of your correspondent:
>
> >http://twitter.com/jstevhhas:
>
> > <quote>
> > the world has never seen a major discoverer like me. my job quite simply,
> > is to push the entire human species--forward.
> > </quote>
>
> > You saw it here first. Be very afraid.
>
> ckout more on his blog => this guy is out to lunch
> Who would spend the time to type in little messages like that and send it
> off into no-where land?

Yeah, wild. What possibly could such a person think they're doing?

Thanks for the observation! You're very observant.

James Harris
From: Mark Murray on
On 03/07/2010 16:07, JSH wrote:
>>> <quote>
>>> the world has never seen a major discoverer like me. my job quite simply,
>>> is to push the entire human species--forward.
>>> </quote>
>>
>>> You saw it here first. Be very afraid.
>>
>> ckout more on his blog => this guy is out to lunch
>> Who would spend the time to type in little messages like that and send it
>> off into no-where land?
>
> Yeah, wild. What possibly could such a person think they're doing?

You said it yourself: "the world has never seen a major discoverer like
me. my job quite simply, is to push the entire human species--forward."

The answer is "pushing the human race forward". As you say this in the
first-person-singular, I note that you are doing this on your own.

> Thanks for the observation! You're very observant.

You went to a lot of effort to conceal this. It nearly worked.

From: Sue San on

"JSH" <jstevh(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 2, 8:12 pm, "Sue San" <inva...(a)invalid.com> wrote:
> "Mark Murray" <w.h.o...(a)example.com> wrote in message

> > On 02/07/2010 04:44, MichaelW wrote:
> >> To the governments of the world.
>
> >> I have got sufficient details from the posting of one James Harris to
> >> allow me to write code that breaks any and all encryption currently in
> >> use. I have successfully hacked into the systems that control the US
> >> nuclear arsenal. Please send one hundred billion dollars in small
> >> unmarked bills to James Harris (currently residing in LA, California)
> >> or I will start destroying your cities.
>
> >> Have a nice day. Michael W.
>
> > Michael,
>
> > Before the evidence is lost forever, it must be noted the formidable
> > nature of your correspondent:
>
> >http://twitter.com/jstevhhas:
>
> > <quote>
> > the world has never seen a major discoverer like me. my job quite
> > simply,
> > is to push the entire human species--forward.
> > </quote>
>
>> > You saw it here first. Be very afraid.
>>
>> ckout more on his blog => this guy is out to lunch
>> Who would spend the time to type in little messages like that and send it
>> off into no-where land?

>Yeah, wild. What possibly could such a person think they're doing?
>
>Thanks for the observation! You're very observant.
>

>James Harris

at least in sci.math, sci.crypt it is posted in public and anyody can read
it, Twitter ? it only goes to your fiends.

From: rossum on
On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 09:26:46 +0100, Mark Murray <w.h.oami(a)example.com>
wrote:

>> I DO try to clobber my own ideas. And in this case finding that this
>> approach is fatally flawed does not end much.
>
>It would haved helped if this approach had been already eliminated at
>the time of your first announcement, and included in your submission
>to AoM. This would that you did your checking properly, rather than
>rushing a half-baked idea out of the door.
A valid point James. It would be polite to withdraw your current
paper to the AoM so as not to waste the reviewers' time. Once you
have fixed the problems you can consider whether or not to resubmit.

rossum