From: Mark Murray on
On 05/07/2010 14:46, JSH wrote:
> If you wish to talk to the world, when you're not already famous,
> Usenet and Twitter are the way to do it.
>
> And Twitter is the best way to do it.

Yup. I've seen that. Your idea meme-injections are devilishly clever!
How's the plan to control the world going? You are usually quite open
about such progress.

Mark "No Nickname" Murray
Notable nebbish, extreme generalist.
From: Mark Murray on
On 05/07/2010 16:12, JSH wrote:
>> I honestly am not sure what you think indicates your tweets are widely
>> reproduced. I didn't see anyone reproducing your tweets, except for
>> indexing sites likehttp://feeltiptop.com/from:jstevh.
>
> Oh, I'm almost never re-tweeted. I don't consider that to be of
> interest.

Yup; Sales of your book - 0. Result ignored. Average star rating of your
posts - 1 out of 5. Result ignored.

Like your "remarkable" results, you cherry-pick the ones that serve
your purpose and discard/ignore the rest.

If you want to be seen to have some integrity, you need to actually
account for the negative results, not just erase them from your view.

From: Mark Murray on
On 05/07/2010 16:21, Richard Henry wrote:
> Do you have any ideas that are worth more than 140 characters?

Yes. He has loads. Check his blogs, scribd and discussion[*] group.

You need to ask a more precise question.

Mark "No Nickname" Murray
Notable nebbish, extreme generalist.

[*] Oxymoron. Discussion is forbidden.
From: JSH on
On Jul 5, 8:21 am, Richard Henry <pomer...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 5, 6:46 am, JSH <jst...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Why would anybody search for "jstevh" and not, say, for"asdfghs"?
>
> > To see where the tweets are ranging.  The poster to whom I was
> > replying seemed to think that Twitter was only about a small group,
> > when public tweets can bounce around the planet.
>
> > The way to see where some of my tweets end up is to search: jstevh
>
> > And you can do that in ANY search engine, not just Google.
>
> > Twitter is for some reason one of the best ways to put your ideas on
> > the world stage.  If you can put your ideas into 140 characters or
> > less, you can have your tweets popping up on webpages that can
> > surprise you.
>
> > I see my tweets all over the place.  It is a MUCH bigger effect than
> > Usenet, which is also, yup, a way to push your ideas around the world,
> > because these newsgroups get echoed around the planet.
>
> > All the world is not a stage--Usenet and Twitter are.
>
> > If you wish to talk to the world, when you're not already famous,
> > Usenet and Twitter are the way to do it.
>
> > And Twitter is the best way to do it.
>
> > James Harris
>
> Do you have any ideas that are worth more than 140 characters?

Funny. I put an entire healthcare plan into 140 characters.

The exercise of bringing your ideas into such a small space can be
enlightening, and it's a fun intellectual challenge. But I know, a
LOT of people DO NOT GET it, or understand why some people are so
giddy about Twitter.

For me it was a great way to use Usenet less. I can do a lot of my
more fanciful stuff on Twitter now, and focus more on using Usenet
only when absolutely necessary because I have no other way as good to
push through brainstorming ideas and critiquing them.

Though I wish I did.

That's an ongoing project. I need a way to put ideas out there
without pressure, and get negative feedback against them. It's that
simple. For now Usenet is the place where that can be had.

James Harris
From: Mark Murray on
On 05/07/2010 23:59, JSH wrote:
>> Do you have any ideas that are worth more than 140 characters?
>
> Funny. I put an entire healthcare plan into 140 characters.

And then spent a lot more than that explaining (badly) what that
incomprehensible mess meant.

> ... I can do a lot of my
> more fanciful stuff on Twitter now, and focus more on using Usenet
> only when absolutely necessary because I have no other way as good to
> push through brainstorming ideas and critiquing them.
>
> Though I wish I did.

Correct. You do almost no brainstorming there, and a great deal of
pompous self-advertising.

> That's an ongoing project. I need a way to put ideas out there
> without pressure, and get negative feedback against them. It's that
> simple. For now Usenet is the place where that can be had.

WHAT??!

You HATE negative feedback! Youve spent the last couple of weeks
making that /abundantly/ clear!