First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Hibernate Insert Failing...
Hi All, I'm a beginner with Hibernate and I'm having trouble understanding how to insert dates into an Oracle database properly. In my Struts application I have my Defect Class (a portion of which is shown below). The relevant portion of my Hibernate Defect.hbm.xml is also shown below. When I fill out my .jsp... 16 Oct 2009 12:59
The JRE, the sound, or the code?
I am having a devil of a time trying to develop a new sound format. After abandoning my earlier efforts on the basis that I could not reconstruct the binary representation to a usable sound, I revisited the problem today and found my local JREs do not seem to play the *original* sound that I am converting, corre... 5 Oct 2009 04:39
[ANN] VTD-XML 2.7 released
VTD-XML 2.7 (http://vtd-xml.sf.net) is released and can be downloaded at http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtd-xml/files/. Below is a summary of what are the new features and enhancements. Expanded VTD-XML's Core API a.. VTDNav: toStringUpperCase, toStringLowerCase, contains(), endsWith(), startsWith() ... 4 Oct 2009 21:03
Hudson, Git, and Tomcat
I spent last night getting Hudson working on my server. I thought I would post a link here in case anyone else is interested in setting up a continuous integration server for use in Java development. The tutorial actually targets setting it up for use developing Groovy on Grails apps, but nearly all of it app... 6 Oct 2009 03:08
Mapping Oracle collection in Java/Hibernate
Hi there, I have a stored procedure returning an Oracle collection (a nested table of object and not simple arrays). Do you know how to map it in Java or, preferibally, Hibernate? The collection type looks like this: <code> create or replace TYPE SAMPLED_VALUE AS OBJECT ( data_timestamp date, data_val... 12 Oct 2009 07:21
Interview
I had an interview today. It didn't go as well as I would have liked. It didn't go badly but I wasn't familiar with everything my potential employer did. When did it become necessary for a developer to not only know the language used inside out, but also the APIs used, the third party tools used, and basi... 8 Oct 2009 12:16
light weight types
Consider a program that uses a mixture of 10-character and 13-digit ISBN numbers (International Standard Book Number). From Java's point of view, they are all Strings. It would be nice if there were some mechanism to label Strings with a light-weight type, probably a purely compile-time concept, similar to gener... 12 Oct 2009 20:48
Putting passwords in a properties file?
I need to put a password for something as an application parameter. For now I'm using a properties file but the password isn't encrypted. I suppose I could encrypt with something and hardcode that encryption key in the application.. Are there any applications with this purpose? I'd like to know what are pra... 7 Oct 2009 03:05
Some projects were hidden because they exist in the workspace directory
I figured this might help some other java programmer. Eclipse likes to give this error when working with multiple projects and you try to import another existing project: "Some projects were hidden because they exist in the workspace directory" The fix is to edit the .project file in the projects directory. Chang... 22 Sep 2009 12:53
JTable: how to change properties of a component located in a cell
In article <6d9a11f6-73e4-4cb0-9598-02444be92ecd(a)j9g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>, Hole <h0leforfun(a)gmail.com> wrote: I would like to get the reference of a component (in my case is a JCheckbox) and call the setVisible method on it. I tried to do it with getTableCellEditorComponent/ getTableCellRendererCom... 23 Sep 2009 18:56