First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
final methods and classes
Lionel van den Berg wrote: Just wondering what arguments there are out there for making methods and classes final when they are not expected to be overridden/ extended? Typically I would make them final, but when I'm doing code reviews I don't raise this as an issue because I see it is relatively trivial... 27 Oct 2009 06:59
Non destructive read of socket
Is it possible to do a non-destructive read on a socket in Java? I want the functionality similar to the C library recv() using the MSG_PEEK flag. More information: I am implementing an API in Java which needs to send a "are you alive" application message over a socket. In reply it will get a "I am alive" mes... 11 Oct 2009 20:28
Paragraph properties with RTF
I can't seem to modify paragraph properties when creating RTF in java. I can change text to bold, italic, etc. But, if I try to set a paragraph attribute, e.g. line indent, nothing happens. It's not only when I display the document in a JEditorPane, the .rtf file I save to disk doesn't have any line indent either. ... 2 Oct 2009 07:33
function tog() {
function tog() { // tog: toggle the visibility of html elements (arguments[1..]) from none to // arguments[0]. Return what should be returned in a javascript onevent(). display = arguments[0]; for( var i=1; i<arguments.length; i++ ) { var x = document.getElementById(arguments[i]); if (!x) conti... 3 Oct 2009 19:53
US-NY-New York: JPEG 2000 CODEC Developer
http://www.tvstaff.tv/html/codec.html Seeking a strong leader of people and technology JPEG 2000 / C++ / TV & Motion Picture ... 18 Oct 2009 16:03
Some projects were hidden because they exist in the workspace directory
I figured this might help some other java programmer. Eclipse likes to give this error when working with multiple projects and you try to import another existing project: "Some projects were hidden because they exist in the workspace directory" The fix is to edit the .project file in the projects directory. Chang... 22 Sep 2009 12:53
Don't feed the troll (Was: Synchronization Question)
"Dave Searles" wrote: Number four certainly is a personal criticism. It's a statement that he expects my code to contain serious bugs, which is clearly a direct questioning of my competence. The others imply indirect such questioning. Kenneth P. Turvey wrote: I really get sick of these kinds of th... 4 Oct 2009 16:36
SAX converts apostrophe to &apos;
I've got some XML which has apostrophes in the text: <text>O'Brien</text> Technically, it's supposed to encoded as &apos;, but it's not. I don't have control over the input XML. So I parse the incoming XML using SAX, and bizarrely SAX converts the apostrophes to &apos; on its own at parse time. The SAX met... 3 Sep 2009 20:40
Cryptography
I have been tasked with writing a small java class that will decrypt a string that was encrypted with a C# app. I have the source for the C# decryption, its nothing special. I just dont know what the counterparts are in java. Heres the C# code. "m_objDecrypt" is a "ICryptoTransform" protected internal string D... 21 Nov 2008 12:13
Simpler way to filter
Hi, I'm using Java 1.5. I have a Vector of objects, all of type "MyProperty". What I want is to filter the vector and keep the elements whose "MyProperty.getName.equals(someString)". Is there any easier way of doing this rather than iterating over the Vector, looking at each element, then adding that element ... 5 Sep 2008 23:58