From: Jim Mack on
Boris P. wrote:
> Here is how it works for me as it should, but it looks so damn
> ugly... Is there a way to make this quicker (in aspects of speed)
> and more beautiful?

It looks like the file was created in a little-endian environment,
whereas Intel systems are big-endian.

If you google for "VB6 -net endian" you should find a more elegant
function to flip the bytes in a long.

We had an endian discussion here not long ago, and as part of that I
made a tiny (and very fast) free DLL that will flip the bytes in a
long. Look at http://www.mdxi.com/other/bendian.zip

--
Jim Mack
Twisted tees at http://www.cafepress.com/2050inc

From: Boris P. on
Thanks for the message!

Please don't say Google, Bing is almost as good as Google now.
And Microsoft won't kill our jobs instead of Google.
From: DanS on

From: Kevin Provance on

"Boris P." <bpnotvalid(a)nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
:
: Thanks for the message!
:
: Please don't say Google, Bing is almost as good as Google now.
: And Microsoft won't kill our jobs instead of Google.

Do you really want to go there? Really?

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk! Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

From: Mayayana on

| Please don't say Google, Bing is almost as good as Google now.
| And Microsoft won't kill our jobs instead of Google.

Not to defend Google's sleazy conflation of advertising
and search, but Bing is actually marketed as a
"decision [AKA shopping] engine". In other words,
Microsoft isn't even pretending to do search well. They
just want to cash in on online shopping by focusing on
being the place to go for restaurant ideas, theaters, etc.