From: Andrew on
On Jan 28, 4:45 pm, Scott Sauyet <scott.sau...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 3:49 am, Andrew <anz...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > But since such tool doesn't exist yet and I have no intention of
> > writing it, I will just minimize and publish my JS code.
>
> Are you willing to share your reasons for wanting this?  Is it simply
> an attempt to keep a jump on the competition?  Or is it one of those
> thing that you'd tell me, but then you'd have to kill me?  :-)

It's somewhere in between of those two... ;) But more former than the
latter.
If such tool was readily available, I would have been a happy customer
- the cost of obfuscators is usually small enough that it doesn't make
a difference in the project's funds. This is in the line of "it
doesn't hurt and it mught help" type of thinking.
But buying the "normal" JS obfuscators is meaningless, I could
"decode" such code in a matter of minutes.

The third reason is plain curiosity - I just wanted to know what can
be done.

Thanks again!