From: Outing Ignorant Trolls Is FUN! on
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:49:03 +1300, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens(a)sum.co.nz>
wrote:

>Hardly ever any wind. Hardly ever any rain (those clouds are
>exceptional). Hardly anyone or anything for many many miles in any
>direction. Lovely flat terrain over which the air flow stabilises.
>Oodnadata is not an entirely silly suggestion, except for the thought
>of living there.

Sounds almost perfect, doesn't it? To an ignorant troll perhaps.

But like all useless trolls that know nothing about astronomy nor
photography, trolls who also know nothing about meteorology nor how land
cools off and heats up quicker with larger thermal contrasts (compared to
large bodies of water), they can't comprehend how this huge contrast in
thermal energies are fed into the atmosphere directly above the land .This
huge thermal turmoil occurring twice during each diurnal period is what
causes most of the bad seeing conditions for the required purposes. Flying
out to any appreciable distance over the ocean in a sail-plane is certain
death for the pilot for the exact same reasons.

On a smaller scale, this too is why you should never peer through a
telescope from inside a house that is aimed through an open window. The
thermal contrast between indoor and outdoor temperatures as the air is
exchanged between the two robs your telescope of most of its resolving
power. And is also why observatories are never heated where the telescope
resides. My own 16" diameter telescope mirror can take up to 3 hours to
reach very good thermal equilibrium before the rising or sinking air in the
telescope tube dies down enough for more perfect seeing conditions. (Day
vs. night temperatures dependent.)

Your post is a worthy display of a perfect example of what ignorance means.
Post some more just like it. (As you will do and have done so often.) I
don't believe your fellow trolls have quite caught on to what ignorance
means. Perhaps they can learn from you by example.

(A troll learn? To be honest, I typed that for my own hearty-laugh
benefit.)

From: Noons on
Outing Ignorant Trolls Is FUN! wrote,on my timestamp of 25/10/2009 1:05 PM:

> But like all useless trolls that know nothing about astronomy nor
> photography, trolls who also know nothing about meteorology nor how land
> cools off and heats up quicker with larger thermal contrasts (compared to
> large bodies of water), they can't comprehend how this huge contrast in
> thermal energies are fed into the atmosphere directly above the land .This

<rest of demented raving clipped>

And of course you are an expert in photography, meteorology and astronomy.
One wanders why you're posting as an unidentified troll from a well known troll
site, instead of working in Chile.
Ah yes: there are no "observatories" in florida...

BWAHAHAHA!

> resides. My own 16" diameter telescope mirror can take up to 3 hours to

You're confusing the mirror in your bathroom with a telescope mirror.
Careful: the aliens you're seeing are actually your nose hairs...

> Your post is a worthy display of a perfect example of what ignorance means.

Your post is a perfect example of crass, ignorant trolling.

From: Noons on
Bob Larter wrote,on my timestamp of 25/10/2009 3:28 PM:

> <makes popcorn>

it's wasted...
From: Ray Fischer on
Ignorant Trolls <oitif(a)oitif.org> wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:49:03 +1300, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens(a)sum.co.nz>
>wrote:
>

>>Hardly ever any wind. Hardly ever any rain (those clouds are
>>exceptional). Hardly anyone or anything for many many miles in any
>>direction. Lovely flat terrain over which the air flow stabilises.
>>Oodnadata is not an entirely silly suggestion, except for the thought
>>of living there.
>
>Sounds almost perfect, doesn't it? To an ignorant troll perhaps.

And here you are! The ignorant troll!

>But like all useless trolls

You just keep coming back.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Twibil on
On Oct 24, 9:28 pm, Bob Larter <bobbylar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> <makes popcorn>

Melts butter and breaks out salt while gazing at Jupe through his 13
incher.

I've got no dog in this fight as I usually observe from 8,000'+, but
heck: it's free entertainment and worth every penny.