From: Helen Warn on
Yes, I read the options in your other post.

Two of the links give me "Page not Found". However eventually I successfully
initiated a chat session, in which I was twice redirected to the "Page not
Found" URLs. At which point the chat guy told me to call (866) 727-2338.
After giving lots of personal info and explaining the issue in painful
detail, I was told that since I was a business customer I had to call another
number: (800) 936-4900. I have now given the same information as I gave
before, and am now on hold for heaven knows how long (20 minutes) after which
my support "options" will be explained to me.

Oops! They're back. It appears that I am going to be assigned a one-time
no-charge support case number. If they manage to help me get rid of the
problem I will post the results here.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me if there is a way to determine if the
update is actually installed on my computer?
--
Helen Warn, PhD
Agile Software Inc.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[X-post to Windows Update]

Is KB976569 listed in Add/Remove Programs?

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB974417).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:

your usual support contacts.
--
Windows Update-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: rodri1946 on
Desde el pasasdo dia 12-05-2010, me sigue aparecciendo en la barra de tarea
que tengo una actualizacion pendiente , acceso a instalalrla , y al parecer
no lo hace, inmediatamewnte despues ,me sigue diciendo que esta pendiente de
descargar y actualizar.-
He entradoi en una pagfiuna de Windows Update y me da opcion a "Revisar las
acxtualizaciones" de mi equipo y me dice que se ha instalado, 10(Diez) veces,
las misma que yo la he aceptado reiteradamente.-
? Me podeis decir que ocurrre, porque me reitera tantas veces de que la
instale, habiedolo hechoo yá.

rodri1946(a)hotmail.com.-
From: Mark Lang on

"d.arbib" wrote:

> This item has been installed both automatically and manually yet each time I
> close down the update is activated again. Looking at history there are no
> less than 20 entries for the same item. Manually it always says intallation
> is completed sucessfully.
>
> Why and what can I do?

I am having the same problem. Windows XP SP3 with Kaspersky 2010 ISS. The
add/remove programs does show this patch installed, but I still get the icon
to reinstall every time I reboot. When I download the file directly and try
to run, I get a message that I don't have any of the components that need
this update. Help!
From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-05-13 11:26 a.m., Helen Warn wrote:

> In the meantime, can anyone tell me if there is a way to determine if the
> update is actually installed on my computer?

The knowledge base article contains a list of file versions for each operating
system. If all the corresponding files on your computer match the versions
given in the KB article, the update is properly installed.

Harry.

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com