From: scsisys on
PA Bear....

KB976569 is not in the Add/Remove List

Had gone to the MS site , following the various links prior to my posting,
but
posted to see if this was something others were experiencing or just me.

Thanks for the reply.
ray

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread in the appropriate newsgroup
about your specific problem and computer. State your IE version and full
Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit
SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) in your first post.

Or open a free support incident.

Thank you.

>>> ray

From: MowGreen on
Mark Lang wrote:
> I am having the same problem. Windows XP SP3 with Kaspersky 2010 ISS. The
> add/remove programs does show this patch installed, but I still get the icon
> to reinstall every time I reboot. When I download the file directly and try
> to run, I get a message that I don't have any of the components that need
> this update. Help!

This .NET update is known to be problematic in situations where security
software may interfere with it's *proper* installation or when an
installed .NET Framework is in a questionable state.

Suggest you download the .NET Framework setup verification tool:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8999004.aspx

Verify the installed state of .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5. If there's a
verification issue with either of the Frameworks, then see:

Updated: what to do if other .NET Framework setup troubleshooting steps
do not help
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/03/07/8108332.aspx

OR, since this is a Security update, from KB974417:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417

" How to obtain help and support for this security update

in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
through your usual support contacts. "

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
From: Freightgator on

From: BrockTungsten on
Windows XP Home, SP3
avast! Home Edition 4.8 antivirus
ZoneAlarm 8.0.298.000 firewall

I resorted to the lazy man's fix -- I hid it, electing that Windows Update
not notify me again for this specific update. I know this does not address
the root problem, but I just wanted it to stop hectoring me.
--
BrockTungsten
Man of industrial metal.