From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You don't need to keep reposting that Error.

How did you determine that "Fix it 50123...is packaged with the updates from
Windows Update site" (whatever that means)?

What led you to believe that running Fix It 50123 manually might resolve the
0x643 errors?

arnoldkrg wrote:
> Hi PA Bear.
>
> I accessed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187 via IE7 Version
> 7.0.5730.13. The Fix it did not run at all. So it couldnt Fix my Problem.
> The Fix it 50123 WAS the problem because it is packaged with the updates
> from the Windows Update site and NOT packaged with the updates from
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx It gave the same error
> as
> I originally asked about when trying to install from
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 11720
> Date: 12/06/2010
> Time: 11:23:31
> User: xxxxxxxxx
> Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
> Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with
> this
> Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
> could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
> Custom
> action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript
> runtime
> error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
> Line 22, Column 14,
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Running the Fix It didn't resolve your problem or you wouldn't run the
>> Fix
>> It at all?
>>
>> Did you access http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187 via IE (32-bit)?
>>

>> arnoldkrg wrote:
>>> I have now managed to install all 3 of these updates. I refer you to the
>>> posts by Wiesshund at:
>>>
>>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vistawu/thread/6e6faae4-83fc-4f8f-856d-5667dcb3143b
>>>
>>> I went to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and
>>> searched
>>> for each of the problematic KB numbers and downloaded the standalone

From: arnoldkrg on
I followed information provided by you in the following post

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&mid=c34b2289-ed19-47b6-aa64-46fbbd5dff4f&sloc=en-us

OPTION B: First run the Fix It in this KB article & see if the update will
install after doing so:

How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187 Endquote

The fact that Fix it 50123 is packaged with the updates is suggested, as I
said in one of my earlier posts in this topic, in the following article:

I have further information which may be of help. I found this article via
google:

http://wmug.co.uk/blogs/peter/archive/2010/06/10/itmu-gets-into-bed-with-microsoft-fix-it.aspx endquote

It is also reinforced by the error in the event log which clearly states
that Fix it 50123 has failed to install (not that the update failed to
install)

The windows update site (whatever that means) can be found by clicking Tools
in Internet explorer 7 and selecting Windows Update from the menu. This will
take you to
http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
where you can select high priority updates as well as optional updates. The
problematic updates were found by this method, The Updates which actually
worked and got rid of the yellow shield in my sys tray were found at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx The downloads there are
clearly different from the ones at the Windows Update site (whatever that
means)

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
That Fix It is NOT included in the installer you downloaded for manual
install from the Download Center.

If you couldn't even run the Fix It, you've probably got a hijackware
infection on your hands.

From: arnoldkrg on
I wish you would actually read what I said. I have said already on several
occasions that the updates available from the Download site do not contain
the Fix it and so install with no problems. The same updates available via
automatic updates DO contain the Fix it and so will NOT install for me and
(it would seem ) for many others around the world. Oh and it wasnt me who
found this way of fixing the problem it was someone else!!! As I also
reported earlier!!

I wont be answering to this topic anymore. It seems it is a waste of time
talking to you or to anyone else connected with Microsoft!! BUT if someone
else sees this Topic some of the information I provided may be of help to
them.

From: arnoldkrg on
One last post in the hope that it will help someone else

I was finally able to run Fix it 50123 by doing the following:

In windows ...start....run I entered the following:

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

Clicked OK

I got the message that it was succesful. I next tried to run Fix it 50123
(after downloading to my desktop) and it installed successfully.