From: gumby doesn't post here anymore on
On Feb 14, 7:58 am, bfinark <bfin...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I keep getting this as a windows update.  I have shut off my automatic update
> because even though I have installed it several times, it has never taken..
> Is this a legitimate update.  My update history shows I've installed it
> several times.  Why does it keep showing up.
> --
> bf

Was this issue resolved? I'm having the same problem. I ran the MS
malware and Windows Defender but they didn't find any infections. But
just prior to this problem, I did get a warning from facebook that my
computer was infected. I think it was a virus program pretending to be
an anti-viral program. I wonder if my computer got infected by some
bad stuff which simply won't go away.
From: Michael on
Download and run this in safe mode.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: gumby doesn't post here anymore on
On Feb 17, 2:18 pm, "Michael" <mds...(a)gropumail.com> wrote:
> Download and run this in safe mode.http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Which one? There are too many to pick on the site? Is any of those
programs free?
And why does it have to run in safe mode?

Thanks in advance.

From: Michael on
Too many? There should only be 2. On the left hand side there's a blue and
green button. Press the blue<free> button. If you're not seeing this,
you've been hijacked <infected>. If you have a thumb drive take it to
someone's computer that isn't infected and download it to the thumb drive,
then try to install it on your computer.

Running in safe mode unloads most malware services and allows the program to
seek and destroy them.

From: gumby doesn't post here anymore on
On Feb 19, 5:54 am, "Michael" <mds...(a)gropumail.com> wrote:
> Too many?  There should only be 2.  On the left hand side there's a blue and
> green button.  Press the blue<free> button.  If you're not seeing this,
> you've been hijacked <infected>.  If you have a thumb drive take it to
> someone's computer that isn't infected and download it to the thumb drive,
> then try to install it on your computer.
>
> Running in safe mode unloads most malware services and allows the program to
> seek and destroy them.

I see the blue button, but when I click it, it takes me a page with
lots of choices to download:

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756

Which do I choose from the list?