Prev: Kik mic
Next: Kik mic
From: Richard Webb on
On Sat 2038-Feb-20 19:15, Audio1 writes:
> I've tried all the ones mentioned so far and a few others but I
> always go back to a Sennheiser MD-421, the older ones, not the
> newer ones, and I like it set one click off of 'M'.

I would agree with this. re20 is alright. Tried the Audix
a couple of times, and it was alright.

THe ubiquitous d112 that many think is the preeminent kick
mic doesn't do it for me, except for certain rock drum
sounds. FOr overall go-to kick mic where I"m not really
sure what the band is going to sound like, or the drum kit,
I like the 421, older version as well. NO matter what kick
drum I can always get a usable kick sound with the SEnn.

I've also used the SEnn as a snare mic a few times.

Regards,
Richard
From: JWald on

"Richard Webb" <Richard.Webb.my.foot(a)116-901.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com> wrote in
message news:ee0_201002210108(a)ftn.wpusa.dynip.com...
> On Sat 2038-Feb-20 19:15, Audio1 writes:
>> I've tried all the ones mentioned so far and a few others but I
>> always go back to a Sennheiser MD-421, the older ones, not the
>> newer ones, and I like it set one click off of 'M'.
>

> I would agree with this. re20 is alright. Tried the Audix
> a couple of times, and it was alright.
>
> THe ubiquitous d112 that many think is the preeminent kick
> mic doesn't do it for me, except for certain rock drum
> sounds. FOr overall go-to kick mic where I"m not really
> sure what the band is going to sound like, or the drum kit,
> I like the 421, older version as well. NO matter what kick
> drum I can always get a usable kick sound with the SEnn.
>
> I've also used the SEnn as a snare mic a few times.
>
> Regards,
> Richard
> --
> | Remove .my.foot for email
> | via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet<->Internet Gateway Site
> | Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.

What do you consider to be *an older version* ? I might start shopping.
Thanks.

--
J Wald

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "

From: skipraider on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:33:08 +1000, Soundhaspriority
<nowhere(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

><star(a)srt.com> wrote in message
>0P-dnfEc56P2px3WnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d(a)posted.srtcommunications
>
>> just curious about which kik mic everyone would recommend.
>
>I always use a ribbon. Nothing but the best.

Eeeek!

Aren't the high SPLs produced by a kick drum in severe danger of
damaging the ribbon?

From: Denny Strauser on
skipraider wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:33:08 +1000, Soundhaspriority
> <nowhere(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> <star(a)srt.com> wrote in message
>> 0P-dnfEc56P2px3WnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d(a)posted.srtcommunications
>>
>>> just curious about which kik mic everyone would recommend.
>> I always use a ribbon. Nothing but the best.
>

> Eeeek!
>
> Aren't the high SPLs produced by a kick drum in severe danger of
> damaging the ribbon?

Not as dangerous as the air movement. Better use a windscreen!
- Denny

Pages: 1
Prev: Kik mic
Next: Kik mic