From: Ron on
On 22/02/2010 20:28, geoff wrote:
> Ty Ford wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:49:59 -0500, geoff wrote
>> (in article<Y8idnTZjCK5cABzWnZ2dnVY3goidnZ2d(a)giganews.com>):

>>> Audio Technica ATM25 (discontinued).
>>>

>>> geoff
>>

>> Audio Technica AE2500 twin element.
>>
>> dynamic and condenser in one mic
>
> Thus completely diufferent !

Great sounding mike tho

From: Denny Strauser on
geoff wrote:
> Steve M wrote:
>>>>
>>> D6, to add to my RE20, D112, ATM25, and MD421 (which I would be too
>>> scared to stick in a kick - I've seen results ....)
>>>
>> What "results" would those be?
>
> Stuffed diaphrams, twice. From the repairer's point of view. And not from
> being in the 'wind-tunnel' - just SPL from the beater.
>
> geoff

The 421 has been my favorite kick mic for decades. I've used them
thousands of times & NEVER had one go down. I only worry about drummers
beating on the windscreen when I use them on toms.

- Denny
From: gwatts on
Denny Strauser wrote:
> geoff wrote:
>> Steve M wrote:

>>> What "results" would those be?
>>
>> Stuffed diaphrams, twice. From the repairer's point of view. And not
>> from being in the 'wind-tunnel' - just SPL from the beater.
>>
>> geoff
>

> The 421 has been my favorite kick mic for decades. I've used them
> thousands of times & NEVER had one go down. I only worry about drummers
> beating on the windscreen when I use them on toms.
>
> - Denny

I remember an advertisement for the MD421 where they fired a pistol
about a meter away from the 421 and showed the oscilloscope trace of the
421's output: a sharp peak with no flat topping estimated at 151 dB.