From: William B. Lurie on
I used to be able to select from several languages
(English, French, German,) for keyboard input with
a little En, Fr, De icon selectable in my lower
taskbar. That seems to have gone away, following our
extensive effort in modifying services. I did all
switching by double- clicking on the icon, to get
the various language abbreviations to appear as a
menu.

I tried Start>>Control Panel>>Regional and Languages
but that sets hot key selection and I like the taskbar.
"Help" doesn't seem to lead me there either......
From: Unknown on
Did you click the language bar button in regional/languages details?

From: William B. Lurie on
Problem is, UNk, that the Languages Bar is grayed out
and therefore I can't select it. I went back and restored
one of my old clones, and there the bar is a selectable
option, and the toolbar indicator/selector is present.
I think I have to reactivate one of the "services" that
John had me disable. But which one??

From: JD on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> Problem is, UNk, that the Languages Bar is grayed out
> and therefore I can't select it. I went back and restored
> one of my old clones, and there the bar is a selectable
> option, and the toolbar indicator/selector is present.
> I think I have to reactivate one of the "services" that
> John had me disable. But which one??
>
> Unknown wrote:
>> Did you click the language bar button in regional/languages details?
>> "William B. Lurie" <billurie(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> I used to be able to select from several languages
>>> (English, French, German,) for keyboard input with
>>> a little En, Fr, De icon selectable in my lower
>>> taskbar. That seems to have gone away, following our
>>> extensive effort in modifying services. I did all
>>> switching by double- clicking on the icon, to get
>>> the various language abbreviations to appear as a
>>> menu.
>>>
>>> I tried Start>>Control Panel>>Regional and Languages
>>> but that sets hot key selection and I like the taskbar.
>>> "Help" doesn't seem to lead me there either......

Not sure if this will help:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Remove-Language-Bar-t2783.html

If it doesn't restore the bar you're looking for then check to see if
it's something related to your keyboard?

--
JD..
From: William B. Lurie on
JD wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>> Problem is, UNk, that the Languages Bar is grayed out
>> and therefore I can't select it. I went back and restored
>> one of my old clones, and there the bar is a selectable
>> option, and the toolbar indicator/selector is present.
>> I think I have to reactivate one of the "services" that
>> John had me disable. But which one??
>>
>> Unknown wrote:
>>> Did you click the language bar button in regional/languages details?
>>> "William B. Lurie" <billurie(a)nospam.net> wrote in message

> Not sure if this will help:
>
> http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Remove-Language-Bar-t2783.html
>
> If it doesn't restore the bar you're looking for then check to see if
> it's something related to your keyboard?

Clone system recalled, is working perfectly. Same keyboard.
On master system, recently repaired the hibernate function, now
it doesn't seem to know there are other languages available.