From: Steve Mc on
How can that be done ? Want folders and sub-folders only, not the individual
files.

Thanks,

--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

From: John John - MVP on
At a command prompt:

C:\>dir /s /b /a:d >c:\dirlist.txt

look for the c:\dirlist.txt file after the command is done.

John

From: John John - MVP on
Make that:

dir /s /b /a:d >c:\dirlist.txt

the C:\> prompt was inadvertently copied from the command console.

John

From: Steve Mc on
Thank you.
Been I long time since I DOS'ed anything.

I asked for all sub folders and no individual files, but didn't realize that
was still going to be overkill.
Is there a command that would maybe print just one subfolder from the
directory I'm changed to ?

Such as:
My Documents\My Music
My Documents\My Pictures
etc.

Also, is the a:d requesting also those drives also ? It only printed the C
stuff, but a and d were not being used at the time ?

Thanks again

--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

From: Barry Schwarz on
You might start by quoting some of the text you are responding to so
the thread can flow.

Then you could issue
dir /?
to find out what options are supported and what they mean.

And if you decide that dir is not sufficiently flexible for your
needs, you could always google for directory+print to get some 230
million references, at least one of which is bound to provide a
solution you like.

--
Remove del for email
 |  Next  |  Last