From: Etaoin Shrdlu on

Have a look here: http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
From: Bruce Chambers on
Steve Mc wrote:
> How can that be done ? Want folders and sub-folders only, not the individual
> files.
>
> Thanks,

From the command prompt (Start > Run > Cmd.exe), simply change to
the desired directory and type "dir > filelist.txt" or "dir > lpt1,"
just as you used to do in DOS. Any of the switches for the DIR command
(type "dir /?") will work with this command, if you wish to modify the
output. You can then subsequently edit the resulting text file using
NotePad, WordPad, Word, etc.

Alternatively:

HOW TO Add a Print Directory Feature for Folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Steve Mc on
Thanks. Looks intriguing.

--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

From: Steve Mc on
Thank you

--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

From: Steve Mc on
"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers(a)cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
> Steve Mc wrote:
>> How can that be done ? Want folders and sub-folders only, not the
>> individual files.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> From the command prompt (Start > Run > Cmd.exe), simply change to the
> desired directory and type "dir > filelist.txt" or "dir > lpt1," just as
> you used to do in DOS. Any of the switches for the DIR command (type "dir
> /?") will work with this command, if you wish to modify the output. You
> can then subsequently edit the resulting text file using NotePad, WordPad,
> Word, etc.
>
> Alternatively:
>
> HOW TO Add a Print Directory Feature for Folders in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379

Thanks. I did see that and may give it a try, though I'm a bit reticent
about modifying the registry.

--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond