From: Rudy Velthuis on
White Wolf wrote:

> > > That is terribly condescending. This is a group for novices and
> > > very often (especially if English is not their first language)
> > > their posts are nearly incomprehensible.
> >
> > Sure, but Skybuck Flying is not a novice, he is an idiot who trolls
> > these groups since I don't know when.
>
> I have given a non-violent, non-emotional (once in my life I have
> managed) answer to a confusing but IMHO valid post that represents a
> likely newbie problem (newbie running alongside his false
> assumptions). The problems the guy describes may be faced by any
> novice.

No problem, and that is a nice thing to do.

People are just warning you and the other groups who see this for
Skybuck, who probably never grew up. He thinks he is a genius, he does
not take advice, he is very gratuitous with insults and he is a pest to
every group he infiltrates. He never reads documentation and thinks
everything he finds is a great new invention of his. IOW, he is an
extremely vitriolic, dumbass troll. But he is not a newbie.
--
Rudy Velthuis http://rvelthuis.de

"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear
to them except in the form of bread."
-- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)
From: Zathras on
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:06:19 +0100, "Rudy Velthuis"
<newsgroups(a)rvelthuis.de> wrote:

>People are just warning you and the other groups who see this for
>Skybuck, who probably never grew up. He thinks he is a genius, he does
>not take advice, he is very gratuitous with insults and he is a pest to
>every group he infiltrates. He never reads documentation and thinks
>everything he finds is a great new invention of his. IOW, he is an
>extremely vitriolic, dumbass troll. But he is not a newbie.

While striving to be overly polite about Harald Houppermans, you
forgot to mention his unbelievable trolling persistence and only
hinted at his uncanny ability to remain the perpetual newbie.

I enjoyed your use of the word 'infiltrates' as a particularly
accurate and insightful observation. ;-)

Things are nice since he entered my killfile but he still plies his
trade suckering good people..as he always will.

From: Rudy Velthuis on
Zathras wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:06:19 +0100, "Rudy Velthuis"
> <newsgroups(a)rvelthuis.de> wrote:
>
> > People are just warning you and the other groups who see this for
> > Skybuck, who probably never grew up. He thinks he is a genius, he
> > does not take advice, he is very gratuitous with insults and he is
> > a pest to every group he infiltrates. He never reads documentation
> > and thinks everything he finds is a great new invention of his.
> > IOW, he is an extremely vitriolic, dumbass troll. But he is not a
> > newbie.
>
> While striving to be overly polite about Harald Houppermans, you
> forgot to mention his unbelievable trolling persistence and only
> hinted at his uncanny ability to remain the perpetual newbie.
>
> I enjoyed your use of the word 'infiltrates' as a particularly
> accurate and insightful observation. ;-)
>
> Things are nice since he entered my killfile but he still plies his
> trade suckering good people..as he always will.

He's in my killfile as well, but sometimes I catch the fallout of his
presence in the form of replies to him. <g>

--
Rudy Velthuis http://rvelthuis.de

"The chain reaction of evil -- wars producing more wars -- must
be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of
annihilation." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.
From: Erik on
White Wolf wrote:
> You and Erik vehemently oppose me answering the OP. Because that feeds
> the troll.

Not at all. I admired the amount of work you put into that
and I tried to express that.

I was merely trying to let you know this guy's posting habits.
From: Zathras on
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:27:36 +0100, "Rudy Velthuis"
<newsgroups(a)rvelthuis.de> wrote:

>He's in my killfile as well, but sometimes I catch the fallout of his
>presence in the form of replies to him. <g>

I don't think there's much to be done about that - I'm in that same
boat. :-(

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Iterators in reverse direction?