From: phrogee on

"Sinner" <sinner(a)gatesofhell.org> wrote in message

> "phrogee" <phrogee(a)greenwater.wet> wrote in message
>>

>> You just sinned again, Sinner.
>>

> Oooooohhhhhhh, like I'm concerned.

Yeah, I've experienced that feeling.

--
phrogee

From: Weatherlawyer on

Gateway MX6638b and MX6640b

Gateway's MX6355b was spectacularly good value for money with its 100Gb
hard disk, 1Gb of RAM, 1.73Ghz processor and extra clear widescreen
display for under £700. Gateway have now replaced it with two similar
models which also look to be very good buys. The slightly less well
specced MX6638b comes in at £649 yet does everything we'd expect a
laptop to do, but my money's on the MX6640b with its faster 1.83Ghz
processor for £799. It's available to buy over the counter in Staples
stores.

http://gadgetshow.five.tv/index.htm

From: Eric Legge on
If it has an Athlon 64 3400+ that's a desktop processor in a laptop, which
chews power and could overheat.

The Turion is the top AMD processor designed for laptops.

Eric,
PC Buyer Beware!
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/

From: cover on
On 15 Mar 2006 03:14:46 -0800, "Weatherlawyer"
<Weatherlawyer(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>However since it will be an XP machine:

Thank you... How about the XP Home versus XP Media Center Edition
(haven't heard about XP Media Center Edition so don't know how it
might stack up against XP Home). We're not really looking for this as
a multi-media machine. Just a good mobil machine for homework and
such and it looked like a good buy.

From: Rebecca on
cover wrote:
> I'm looking at purchasing a Gateway Laptop from Staples but thought I
> would throw it out for discussion here to see if anyone knows of
> better buys or has had trouble with Gateway Laptops.
>
> Am looking at a Gateway notebook w/AMD Athlon 64 processor 3400+
> w/512M DDR ram, 80GB HDD, DVD+-RW dual layer, 15.4 high definition
> WXGA display, XP Media Center Edition Op Sys, 802.11g wireless sys, 6
> in 1 memory card reader for $849
>
> Would very much appreciate any feedback on this machine or other
> better deals anyone knows of... TIA

Gateway is fine, AMD is not. Laptops don't like the heat of AMDs.

Get XP Pro.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Resource Conflict!!!