From: cover on
I'm looking at purchasing a Gateway Laptop from Staples but thought I
would throw it out for discussion here to see if anyone knows of
better buys or has had trouble with Gateway Laptops.

Am looking at a Gateway notebook w/AMD Athlon 64 processor 3400+
w/512M DDR ram, 80GB HDD, DVD+-RW dual layer, 15.4 high definition
WXGA display, XP Media Center Edition Op Sys, 802.11g wireless sys, 6
in 1 memory card reader for $849

Would very much appreciate any feedback on this machine or other
better deals anyone knows of... TIA
From: Sinner on

"cover" <coverlandNOSPAM914(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Would very much appreciate any feedback on this machine or other
> better deals anyone knows of... TIA

Regardless of how much you value the opinions of posters in this newsgroup,
hardware purchases are way off topic.

From: phrogee on

"Sinner" <sinner(a)gatesofhell.org> wrote in message

> "cover" <coverlandNOSPAM914(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Would very much appreciate any feedback on this machine or other
>> better deals anyone knows of... TIA
>
> Regardless of how much you value the opinions of posters in this
> newsgroup, hardware purchases are way off topic.

You just sinned again, Sinner.

--
phrogee

From: Weatherlawyer on

Sinner wrote:
> "cover" <coverlandNOSPAM914(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Would very much appreciate any feedback on this machine or other
> > better deals anyone knows of... TIA
>
> Regardless of how much you value the opinions of posters in this newsgroup,
> hardware purchases are way off topic.

However since it will be an XP machine:

Put the same specifications into a search engine. An UK channel runs a
tech programme that covered laptops recently. It mentioned the best
things to look for and compared 3 in the same fairly low price bracket.

I believe the Gateway came out top. The programme: "The Gadget Show"
has a website but it is slow to update.

From: Sinner on

"phrogee" <phrogee(a)greenwater.wet> wrote in message

> You just sinned again, Sinner.

Oooooohhhhhhh, like I'm concerned.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3