From: yamahasw40 on
All,

I'm having issues installing the latest drivers (from the v5.1 bundle)
onto my NF7-S. Everything goes in, but Windows XP SP2 reports that the
Audio Codec Compat Layer (or something similar) and Digitaldrivers
aren't installed. I have to roll-back to the previous version.

Problem is that Nvidia Mixer doesn't work with that version, and the
installation program has already uninstalled Soundstorm control panel.

Does anybody know where I can get a copy of Soundstorm control panel,
or alternatively, why in hell the Nvidia drivers won't recognise the
hardware?

From: John Russell on

<yamahasw40(a)latinmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I'm having issues installing the latest drivers (from the v5.1 bundle)
> onto my NF7-S. Everything goes in, but Windows XP SP2 reports that the
> Audio Codec Compat Layer (or something similar) and Digitaldrivers
> aren't installed. I have to roll-back to the previous version.
>
> Problem is that Nvidia Mixer doesn't work with that version, and the
> installation program has already uninstalled Soundstorm control panel.
>
> Does anybody know where I can get a copy of Soundstorm control panel,
> or alternatively, why in hell the Nvidia drivers won't recognise the
> hardware?

The NF7-S uses a realtec audio chip to handle conversion from digital to
analogue. It's very east to install the wrong audio drivers and by pass
soundstorm completely in favour of using the realtec chip for everything.

From: Bird Janitor? on
yamahasw40 wrote:

| All,
|
| I'm having issues installing the latest drivers (from the v5.1 bundle)
| onto my NF7-S. Everything goes in, but Windows XP SP2 reports that the
| Audio Codec Compat Layer (or something similar) and Digitaldrivers
| aren't installed. I have to roll-back to the previous version.
|
| Problem is that Nvidia Mixer doesn't work with that version, and the
| installation program has already uninstalled Soundstorm control panel.
|
| Does anybody know where I can get a copy of Soundstorm control panel,
| or alternatively, why in hell the Nvidia drivers won't recognise the
| hardware?

To build upon the advice you've gotten from John Russell, might be
worthwhile to use the "Driver Cleaner" program to clear out all the nVidia
drivers and reinstall them from scratch.

This *WILL* trigger Windows Product Activation upon reboot, so be prepared
to either perform the deed over the web (if it's been more than 120 days
since your last install) or call Microsoft and exchange the dreaded list of
codes.

To find the Driver Cleaner, visit Lvcoyote's NF7-S Extreme! at
http://www.lvcoyote.com/ ..

Click on the Utilities link on the left and scroll down to Driver Cleaner,
near the bottom, under "Miscellaneous Utilities" .. have the latest nVidia
platform drivers and, possibly, your video driver handy prior to running
this program because your network adaptor will be unavailable until you've
reinstalled the nForce2 Platform drivers.

Good luck.

Jef

Pages: 1
Prev: Seagate ST310014A unlock?