From: MikeWhy on
"Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
> You won't know until you get the feel of your camera what lens you'll want
> next. Better to wish you had a given lens than wonder why the hell you
> ever
> bought it.

Life has blessed me that way. The only lens I wish I hadn't bought was the
Tokina Pro-atx 80-200. If you buy cheap, you'll buy twice. (I suppose you
could be right. If you don't replace the cheap POS, you didn't need it in
the first place.)

From: Floyd L. Davidson on
"MikeWhy" <boat042-nospam(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>"Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
>> You won't know until you get the feel of your camera what lens you'll want
>> next. Better to wish you had a given lens than wonder
>> why the hell you ever
>> bought it.
>
>Life has blessed me that way. The only lens I wish I hadn't bought was the
>Tokina Pro-atx 80-200. If you buy cheap, you'll buy twice. (I suppose you
>could be right. If you don't replace the cheap POS, you didn't need it in
>the first place.)

Seems to me you can even, on occasion, take pictures
with a lens you know you shouldn't ever have bought. So
it isn't a total waste.

Try taking a picture with a lens you wish you had!

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd(a)apaflo.com
From: Robert Coe on
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 01:27:29 -0800, floyd(a)apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson)
wrote:
: "MikeWhy" <boat042-nospam(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
: >"Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
: >news:3330q599st6h48ljo5fhn77uau0c5k4t0a(a)4ax.com...
: >> You won't know until you get the feel of your camera what lens you'll want
: >> next. Better to wish you had a given lens than wonder
: >> why the hell you ever
: >> bought it.
: >
:
: Seems to me you can even, on occasion, take pictures
: with a lens you know you shouldn't ever have bought. So
: it isn't a total waste.

Nor was it in my case. One occasion I used it to very good advantage was on a
windy day at the beach in Ocean City last summer, when I brought out my spare
camera rather than subject my better one to the elements.

: Try taking a picture with a lens you wish you had!

Touch�! But my point was that you can always go buy the lens; it's not as easy
to un-buy it. ;^)

Bob
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2