From: Paul Furman on
On 2/7/2010 4:32 PM, J�rgen Exner wrote:
> "Derek Lawler"<dereksl2(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> I bought a Kodak cx7300 six years ago and took a lot of good shots with it.
>> I had put it away a few months ago and brought it out today to take photos
>> of a family group. When I went to upload the pictures they were all blank.
>
> Care to elaborate on that, e.g. how did you try to upload the pictures,
> which OS, what does "blank" mean, ... ?

Yeah, black or white or zero size file?
Does it show a preview before taking the pic on the back?
From: Ray Fischer on
Derek Lawler <dereksl2(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>I bought a Kodak cx7300 six years ago and took a lot of good shots with it.
>I had put it away a few months ago and brought it out today to take photos
>of a family group. When I went to upload the pictures they were all blank.
>I had taken the precaution of putting new lithium AA's in but that did no
>good. Do cameras have a life span?

Yep. They die at maximum inconvenience.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Martin Brown on
Derek Lawler wrote:
> I bought a Kodak cx7300 six years ago and took a lot of good shots with it.
> I had put it away a few months ago and brought it out today to take photos
> of a family group. When I went to upload the pictures they were all blank.

Are the pictures visible when the media is loaded in the camera? Most
digicams have a preview mode to look at pictures already taken - and
will flash up the last image taken for an instant in normal operation.
It is a good sanity check - some older cameras do not get on with the
now *much* larger memory cards available.

If you put one of the "blank" images up on a webpage that may shed soem
light.

> I had taken the precaution of putting new lithium AA's in but that did no
> good. Do cameras have a life span? I know about planned obsolescence but
> could that work with a popular camera? What else could be wrong since I
> haven't used it enough to wear it out.
> Thanks for your response.
> Derek in Florida

Basically no they do not wear out but you may have forgotten how to use
it. Does the cx7300 have a manual lens cap? Some early Kodak cameras did
and leaving the lens cap on the lens is a classic cause of blank images.

Regards,
Martin Brown