From: Derek Lawler on
I bought a Kodak cx7300 six years ago and took a lot of good shots with it.
I had put it away a few months ago and brought it out today to take photos
of a family group. When I went to upload the pictures they were all blank.
I had taken the precaution of putting new lithium AA's in but that did no
good. Do cameras have a life span? I know about planned obsolescence but
could that work with a popular camera? What else could be wrong since I
haven't used it enough to wear it out.
Thanks for your response.
Derek in Florida

From: ray on
On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:36:21 -0500, Derek Lawler wrote:

> I bought a Kodak cx7300 six years ago and took a lot of good shots with
> it. I had put it away a few months ago and brought it out today to take
> photos of a family group. When I went to upload the pictures they were
> all blank. I had taken the precaution of putting new lithium AA's in but
> that did no good. Do cameras have a life span? I know about planned
> obsolescence but could that work with a popular camera? What else could
> be wrong since I haven't used it enough to wear it out. Thanks for your
> response.
> Derek in Florida

Can you view them on the camera?
From: editor on
On Feb 7, 4:36 pm, "Derek Lawler" <derek...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I bought a Kodak cx7300 six years ago and took a lot of good shots with it.
> I had put it away a few months ago and brought it out today to take photos
> of a family group.  When I went to upload the pictures they were all blank.
> I had taken the precaution of putting new lithium AA's in but that did no
> good.  Do cameras have a life span?

Not that I've seen. Older digicams I've bought used worked fine years
after.

http://www.Internet-Gun-Show.com - your source for hard-to-find stuff!
From: tcroyer on
"Derek Lawler" <dereksl2(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I bought a Kodak cx7300 six years ago and took a lot of good shots with it.
>I had put it away a few months ago and brought it out today to take photos
>of a family group. When I went to upload the pictures they were all blank.
>I had taken the precaution of putting new lithium AA's in but that did no
>good.

Did you take the batteries out before "shelving" the camera for the few
months?

While it shouldn't happen in just a few months, it's possible that the
batteries leaked into the electronics.

Of course if the view screen is operative, but you're just getting blank
pictures, the answer could be somewhat more complicated.

If you have a spare memory card (that you know is good), try swapping with
the one you currently have.

Just some ideas.

From: J�rgen Exner on
"Derek Lawler" <dereksl2(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>I bought a Kodak cx7300 six years ago and took a lot of good shots with it.
>I had put it away a few months ago and brought it out today to take photos
>of a family group. When I went to upload the pictures they were all blank.

Care to elaborate on that, e.g. how did you try to upload the pictures,
which OS, what does "blank" mean, ... ?

jue