From: flipspam on
Bizarre...

I tried deleting the file and it deleted. Now Eudora opens just fine!

No explanation.

Thanks,

Phil

From: flipspam on
OK, everything was fine and then today I had the same problem. THis
time I had no trouble deleting the LinkHistory file and running Eudora
but is there a virus or another reason this file is corrupting in some
way?

TIA

Phil

From: Katrina Knight on
flipspam(a)spamco.ca wrote:
> OK, everything was fine and then today I had the same problem. THis
> time I had no trouble deleting the LinkHistory file and running Eudora
> but is there a virus or another reason this file is corrupting in some
> way?

That's hard to say. Corruption is generally caused by a problem with the
hard drive. Problems of that sort can be cuased by anything from a crash
occurring at an inopportune moment, corrupting whatever Windows is writing
at the time to actual hard drive failure. Have you run a disk-checking
utility lately? If not, I'd recommend doing so. As for a virus, it seems
unlikely that you'd have problems with that particular file and nothing
else if you were infected with a virus, but it is possible. Are you
running good, updated AV software? If not, you should do something about
that. If you are, running a full scan for viruses certainly wouldn't hurt.

--
Katrina

From: flipspam on
I have excellent AV if up-to-date Norton and Zone Alarm Pro meet that
criteria. I also run 3 different spyware killers.

Now I have a new problem. Every time I open Eudora it says the index
of both the out box and trash need to be rebuilt. It rebuilds them
and works, but this happens every time.

Maybe I should delete Eudora and reinstall it! I'm just worried about
old messages I need.

Phil

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:27:54 GMT, Katrina Knight <kknight(a)epix.net>
wrote:

>flipspam(a)spamco.ca wrote:
>> OK, everything was fine and then today I had the same problem. THis
>> time I had no trouble deleting the LinkHistory file and running Eudora
>> but is there a virus or another reason this file is corrupting in some
>> way?
>
>That's hard to say. Corruption is generally caused by a problem with the
>hard drive. Problems of that sort can be cuased by anything from a crash
>occurring at an inopportune moment, corrupting whatever Windows is writing
>at the time to actual hard drive failure. Have you run a disk-checking
>utility lately? If not, I'd recommend doing so. As for a virus, it seems
>unlikely that you'd have problems with that particular file and nothing
>else if you were infected with a virus, but it is possible. Are you
>running good, updated AV software? If not, you should do something about
>that. If you are, running a full scan for viruses certainly wouldn't hurt.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: "Buffer Overflow" in Eudora 7
Next: Help