From: santosh on
On Thursday 19 Jul 2007 4:11 pm, Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net>
wrote in message <EdHni.5682$bP4.2953(a)trndny01>:

>> "santosh" <santosh.k83(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

[ ... ]

>>><http://137.193.64.130/windela.zip>
>>>
>>>Or search the group for more links.
>>>IIRC instructions are implemented only uptil the 486, and the
>>>compile crashed for me on Linux.

> I found I had to rename the file to a lower-case ".c" before it
> would compile with gcc (Linux). Upper case ".C" implies C++, or
> some nonsense. Compiled and worked fine for me. (yeah, "-Wall
> -pedantic" makes gcc complain... so don't)

Oops. Excuse my stupidity.

From: santosh on
On Thursday 19 Jul 2007 4:29 pm, Herbert Kleebauer <klee(a)unibwm.de>
wrote in message <469F4413.7B8DE821(a)unibwm.de>:

> santosh wrote:
>
>> IIRC instructions are implemented only uptil the 486, and the
>> compile crashed for me on Linux.
>
> gcc -O2 windela.c -o lindela
>
> crashed?????

Sorry. I attempted to compile without changing the file name to
lowercase. Apparently an uppercase .C tells gcc it's a C++ file.

Please ignore my previous post, with those bogus errors.

It compiles and runs fine, with just the one warning you mentioned.

Just don't post the source to comp.lang.c. ;-)

From: Frank Kotler on
santosh wrote:
> On Thursday 19 Jul 2007 4:11 pm, Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net>
> wrote in message <EdHni.5682$bP4.2953(a)trndny01>:
>

>>>"santosh" <santosh.k83(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>

> [ ... ]

>>I found I had to rename the file to a lower-case ".c" before it
>>would compile with gcc (Linux). Upper case ".C" implies C++, or
>>some nonsense. Compiled and worked fine for me. (yeah, "-Wall
>>-pedantic" makes gcc complain... so don't)
>

> Oops. Excuse my stupidity.

It was news to me, too. Very little stupidity around here. Most of us
are pretty smart (and almost all of us think we are). But all of us are
smarter than any of us!

Best,
Frank

From: Robert Redelmeier on
Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> wrote in part:
> santosh wrote:
>> On Thursday 19 Jul 2007 4:11 pm, Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net>
>>>I found I had to rename the file to a lower-case ".c" before it
>>>would compile with gcc (Linux). Upper case ".C" implies C++, or
>>>some nonsense. Compiled and worked fine for me. (yeah, "-Wall
>>>-pedantic" makes gcc complain... so don't)

>> Oops. Excuse my stupidity.

> It was news to me, too. Very little stupidity around
> here. Most of us are pretty smart (and almost all of us
> think we are). But all of us are smarter than any of us!

whud joo 'spect? Unix is lazy and cases-sensitive.

More on-topic, `gcc` sends *.s files straight to `gas`,
but *.S files go through `gasp` first for macro processing.

-- Robert

From: Herbert Kleebauer on
santosh wrote:

> Just don't post the source to comp.lang.c. ;-)

What's wrong with comp.lang.c? Do they all use an awful
C coding style like here all use the awful Intel syntax?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: masm linking from console
Next: NASM HelloWorld - DOS