From: Herbert Kleebauer on
//\\\\o//\\\\annabee wrote:
> P� Fri, 20 Jul 2007 05:14:21 +0200, skrev Evenbit <nbaker2328(a)charter.net>:

> they must be swearing at you right? then you
> so to say want to copy her work in case she dies....

Seems you mix things up. "She" is a 13 year old 486DX2 PC
with Linux 1.1.18 installed. I used the domain name
"mistress.---.---.de" because at that time all the DOS PC's
where considered toys compared to the SUN's. But with mistress
online, I was independent from the SUN administrators
(smtp, ftp, http, nntp ...).
From: x87asm on
"Herbert Kleebauer" <klee(a)unibwm.de> wrote in message
> //\\\\o//\\\\annabee wrote:
>> P� Fri, 20 Jul 2007 05:14:21 +0200, skrev Evenbit
>> <nbaker2328(a)charter.net>:
>
>> they must be swearing at you right? then you
>> so to say want to copy her work in case she dies....
>
> Seems you mix things up. "She" is a 13 year old 486DX2 PC
> with Linux 1.1.18 installed. I used the domain name
> "mistress.---.---.de" because at that time all the DOS PC's
> where considered toys compared to the SUN's. But with mistress
> online, I was independent from the SUN administrators
> (smtp, ftp, http, nntp ...).

I take it you have fun playing with your young mistress then?

--
Bx.C / x87asm

From: //o//annabee on
P� Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:58:57 +0200, skrev Herbert Kleebauer
<klee(a)unibwm.de>:

> //\\\\o//\\\\annabee wrote:
>> P� Fri, 20 Jul 2007 05:14:21 +0200, skrev Evenbit
>> <nbaker2328(a)charter.net>:
>
>> they must be swearing at you right? then you
>> so to say want to copy her work in case she dies....
>
> Seems you mix things up. "She" is a 13 year old 486DX2 PC
> with Linux 1.1.18 installed. I used the domain name
> "mistress.---.---.de" because at that time all the DOS PC's
> where considered toys compared to the SUN's. But with mistress
> online, I was independent from the SUN administrators
> (smtp, ftp, http, nntp ...).

Well.. I allways thought you wore a female, because of your tendency to
create contradictions out of ... stuff...

:)
From: Rod Pemberton on

"Rod Pemberton" <do_not_have(a)nowhere.cmm> wrote in message

> "Frank Kotler" <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I'll have more to say about Herbert's example. My usual M.O. is to
> > disassemble his executable into Nasmese, and work from there. This gives
> > *ugly* results. This example is so beautifully formatted and commented
> > that it deserves better than that! A "hand translation" will be tedious,
> > but I think it may be worth it. Not immediately. Herbert speaks a
> > strange language, but he does beautiful work!

Earlier HK stated:

> Most of the code is stolen from Frank
> (hope he doesn't mind, at least now he gets the code back
> in a readably assembler syntax).

Sorry, missed the self congratulatory remark, Frank! It appears that it's
your code... :-)

Rod Pemberton

From: Wolfgang Kern on

Rod Pemberton answerd Herbert Kleebauer:

>> Leave it as a homework for the want-to-be low level Linux
>> X programmer to correct the code.
>>

> Herbert,
>
> You mean well, but I have to ask. Who's going to do that? Seriously,
> doesn't "move.l r1,r5", etc., guarantee that no x86 programmer will ever
> use the code you just posted...
>
> i.e., Does anyone want to learn another assembly language (yours) to do
x86
> assembly? How does one assemble it? How does one port it? Does anyone
> want to port it just to assemble it? If it's x86, why does it look like a
> mix of 68000, AT&T, and who knows what else?
>
> You're giving me flashbacks of Randall's teaching tool HLA: C collided
with
> Pascal. After many surgeries and a jolt it lives... Grrr! Convert your
> assembler to AT&T syntax and it might be useful to others. Is your
> assembler even available to others? I don't recall ever seeing a link.
>

> Rod Pemberton

I once used a similar (more Zilog Z-80 based) syntax on my HEX_WORK85
disassembler/Hex-editor for several different CPU/MC/MP families.
But I also have some trouble to read through Herberts code when it
isn't accompanied by hexadecimal machine-code.

I also have no tool to convert the posted ASCII into binaries,

Herbert,

Perhaps you tell us about the used algo so we can read your binaries
with our disassemblers in our familiar/prefered syntax.
I think you once posted it anyway, but the many M$-forced crashes
may have wiped it from my HDs.

__
wolfgang

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last