From: santosh on
Rod Pemberton wrote:
>> Frank Kotler wrote:
>> >
>> > I'll have more to say about Herbert's example. My usual M.O.
>> > is to disassemble his executable into Nasmese, and work from
>> > there. This gives *ugly* results. This example is so
>> > beautifully formatted and commented that it deserves better
>> > than that! A "hand translation" will be tedious, but I think
>> > it may be worth it. Not immediately. Herbert speaks a
>> > strange language, but he does beautiful work!
>
> Earlier HK stated:
>
>> Most of the code is stolen from Frank
>> (hope he doesn't mind, at least now he gets the code back
>> in a readably assembler syntax).
>
> Sorry, missed the self congratulatory remark, Frank! It
> appears that it's your code... :-)

And it has suffered a curious circular fate. From NASM
to "HerbertSyntax", and now back again to NASM.

From: Wolfgang Kern on

"Rod Pemberton" recognised:

>>> but I think it may be worth it. Not immediately. Herbert speaks a
>>> strange language, but he does beautiful work!

> Earlier HK stated:

>> Most of the code is stolen from Frank
>> (hope he doesn't mind, at least now he gets the code back
>> in a readably assembler syntax).

> Sorry, missed the self congratulatory remark, Frank!
> It appears that it's your code... :-)

Funny things can hapen in our ASM-babel-realm :)

__
wolfgang

From: Phil Carmody on
Herbert Kleebauer <klee(a)unibwm.de> writes:
> case 0x05: {la[--j] = la[j] / la[j+1]; break;}

That's the line that c.l.c needs to see.
It'll be feeding time at the zoo!

Phil
--
"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of
From: Phil Carmody on
santosh <santosh.k83(a)gmail.com> writes:
> > case 0x05: {la[--j] = la[j] / la[j+1]; break;}
>
> Why should this be an error? This exhibits undefined behaviour, but
> that doesn't mean compilation should be stopped.
>
> > With this code, Windela shouldn't work properly when compiled
> > with GCC on a SUN (but this was my first C program and you only
> > learn by making errors).
>
> Why only on the SUN? This code should invoke undefined behaviour on
> all implementations, since 'j' is modified more than once between
> sequence points.

Between the previous and next sequence point an object can only have
its stored value modified once by the evaluation of an expression.
Additionally, the prior value can be read only to determine the value
to be stored.

j is read 3 times in that expression, and modified. Classic UB.

Phil
From: //o//annabee on
P� Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:05:06 +0200, skrev Phil Carmody
<thefatphil_demunged(a)yahoo.co.uk>:

> Herbert Kleebauer <klee(a)unibwm.de> writes:
>> case 0x05: {la[--j] = la[j] / la[j+1]; break;}
>
> That's the line that c.l.c needs to see.
> It'll be feeding time at the zoo!
>
> Phil

Agree, no human should dirty its mind going to the zoo at clc
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Prev: masm linking from console
Next: NASM HelloWorld - DOS