From: Dan C on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:10:22 +0000, J G Miller wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:11:34 -0500, mjt wrote:
>
>> Hence Miller's suggestion to use "script" to record the session :)
>
> Exactly. Record the session, transfer the typescript file either via a
> floppy, USB stick, FTP transfer, scp, SAMBA/CIFS or whatever to the PC
> running Windoze and then posted using totally inappropriate (even for
> Windoze) Micro$oft Windows Mail.

Heh. If he can't install an Nvidia driver, does anyone really believe he
could do any of the above...?

He is a drooling Win-droid, after all.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his pit crew eating ice cream.
From: mjt on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:10:22 +0000 (UTC)
J G Miller <miller(a)yoyo.ORG> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:11:34 -0500, mjt wrote:
>
> > Hence Miller's suggestion to use "script" to record the session :)
>
> Exactly. Record the session, transfer the typescript file either
> via a floppy, USB stick, FTP transfer, scp, SAMBA/CIFS or whatever to
> the PC running Windoze and then posted using totally inappropriate
> (even for Windoze) Micro$oft Windows Mail.

Dare I make a couple of suggestions for them?

a) Stay booted into the Linux distro and
use a real newsreader client
b) cp the typescript file to the mounted Win partition.

--
Fortune: You will be attacked next Wednesday at 3:15 p.m. by six samuri
sword wielding purple fish glued to Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

From: mjt on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 03:59:41 +0200
"JBJ \(4920\)" <thunder(a)spoergmig.invalid> wrote:

> Ok, first thing first, my newsreader is set up to work with the rules
> of usenet in DK thats why is shows up like it does,

The problem lies with your Windows Mail program.
You can set it up to work properly

The Usenet rules in DK?

Ahem, the Usenet rules are defined by the RFC's.

RFC 3676 defines the use of signatures in a Usenet message.
It also defines how various characters are to be interpreted
by the newsreader client.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3676.html

4.3. Usenet Signature Convention

There is a long-standing convention in Usenet news which also
commonly appears in Internet mail of using "-- " as the separator
line between the body and the signature of a message. When
generating a Format=Flowed message containing a Usenet-style
separator before the signature, the separator line is sent as-is.
This is a special case; an (optionally quoted or quoted and stuffed)
line consisting of DASH DASH SP is neither fixed nor flowed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Generating agents MUST NOT end a paragraph with such a
signature line.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

A receiving agent needs to test for a signature line both before the
test for a quoted line (see Section 4.5) and also after logically
counting and deleting quote marks and stuffing (see Section 4.4) from
a quoted line.

--
Why bother building any more nuclear warheads
until we use the ones we have?

From: TJ on
On 07/15/2010 09:59 PM, JBJ (4920) wrote:

> I allready explanined that I have been supporting windows pc's so I'm
> learning linux now when I have the time for it, but I think I'm entitled
> to point out where I think its flawed without being called a windroid.
> I'm still looking into it because I think it has good value, but it is
> not for the everyday user. Unless the user never seen windows, and then
> again I don't think it will be that easy when a probleme ocur.

Allow me to suggest a little light reading that may help you...

http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

Be sure to read the entire article, and try to do so with an open mind.

TJ
--
Life isn't fair. It's not meant to be.
Overcoming the disadvantages we face is what makes us strong.
From: J G Miller on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 03:59:41 +0200, JBJ \(4920\) wrote:

> Ok, first thing first ...

Yes that is all very good and well but totally irrelevant
to the question of why you are failing to install the appropriate
driver from NVidia under Ubuntu Lucid.

First things first is to post the typescript file recorded when
you run the install script.

After that is sorted out, you can discuss your newreader settings
and history of windoze support at a later time in a more appopriate
news group.

So with baited breath, the arrival of your installation problem
error message is awaited ...