From: Theo Markettos on
Tony Houghton <h(a)realh.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a credit-card with a decent website that's
> compatible with Firefox etc? I'm on a low income, receiving benefits
> (and I pay off my bill every month), so I doubt any "gold" cards etc
> will take me on. And it needs not to be Egg (Message-ID
> <slrnhl1bbo.v89.h(a)realh.co.uk> for anyone who's interested why).

Don't know about credit cards specifically, but I haven't seen an internet
banking site these days that /doesn't/ work on Firefox etc.

Theo
From: PeeGee on
Folderol wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:10:45 +0000 (UTC)
> Martin Gregorie <martin(a)address-in-sig.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:37:12 +0000, Tony Houghton wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a credit-card with a decent website that's
>>> compatible with Firefox etc? I'm on a low income, receiving benefits
>>> (and I pay off my bill every month), so I doubt any "gold" cards etc
>>> will take me on. And it needs not to be Egg (Message-ID
>>> <slrnhl1bbo.v89.h(a)realh.co.uk> for anyone who's interested why).
>> Both Firefox and Opera work OK with the NatWest Mastercard website.
>
> They also work with barclaycard (not that I'd necessarily recommend
> this).

.... but not the associated "rewards" site. The main site does, but gives
incorrect information whichever browser you use.

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."
From: Tony Houghton on
In <slrnhl1sij.sps.pm(a)nowster.eternal-september.org>,
Paul Martin <pm(a)nowster.org.uk> wrote:

> In article <slrnhl1deo.lv.h(a)realh.co.uk>,
> Tony Houghton wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a credit-card with a decent website that's
>> compatible with Firefox etc?
>
> From experience, Barclays, HSBC, Nationwide and Halifax all work fine
> with Firefox on Linux. As others have said, one that doesn't work with
> Firefox is more an exception rather than the norm nowadays.
>
> If you're using Debian (iceweasel) you need to provide a Firefox user
> agent string to NatWest for them to let you in, eg. using the User
> Agent Switcher plugin.

I changed my bank account away from NatWest years ago because the fake
user agent string I had to use on their site was incompatible with the
Java plugin I had to use on the same site.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk
From: spike1 on
And verily, didst Martin Gregorie <martin(a)address-in-sig.invalid> hastily babble thusly:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:37:12 +0000, Tony Houghton wrote:
>
>> Can anyone recommend a credit-card with a decent website that's
>> compatible with Firefox etc? I'm on a low income, receiving benefits
>> (and I pay off my bill every month), so I doubt any "gold" cards etc
>> will take me on. And it needs not to be Egg (Message-ID
>> <slrnhl1bbo.v89.h(a)realh.co.uk> for anyone who's interested why).
>
> Both Firefox and Opera work OK with the NatWest Mastercard website.

Lloyds works fine with opera and firefox too.
For all accounts AFAIK...
--
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |
From: Paul Rudin on
Tony Houghton <h(a)realh.co.uk> writes:

> I changed my bank account away from NatWest years ago because the fake
> user agent string I had to use on their site was incompatible with the
> Java plugin I had to use on the same site.

I have always banked with NatWest and used their web banking services
ever since they were available. Never had to do anything other than
change the user agent string... and these days that is not necessary.