From: Luciano on
Hi
I have a multi-user Access 2003/2007 database. In mono user mode everything
works fine, but in multi user mode there seems to be occasionally a Conflict
message giving the users to either Save Record, Copy to Clipboard or Drop
Changes.

I open my tables something like:

Public Function OpenTable(strTableName As String) As DAO.Recordset
On Error GoTo FoutOpenTable
Set ws = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
Set db = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0)
Set OpenTable = db.OpenRecordset(strTableName, dbOpenTable)
ExitFoutOpenTable:
Set db = Nothing
Exit Function
FoutOpenTable:
MsgBox "FoutOpenTable"
Resume ExitFoutOpenTable
End Function

Can sombody help me?
From: golfinray on
Is the database split into front end and back end?
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:03:34 -0700, Luciano <balloonplanning(a)skynet.be> wrote:

>Hi
>I have a multi-user Access 2003/2007 database. In mono user mode everything
>works fine, but in multi user mode there seems to be occasionally a Conflict
>message giving the users to either Save Record, Copy to Clipboard or Drop
>Changes.
>
>I open my tables something like:
>
>Public Function OpenTable(strTableName As String) As DAO.Recordset
>On Error GoTo FoutOpenTable
>Set ws = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
>Set db = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0)
>Set OpenTable = db.OpenRecordset(strTableName, dbOpenTable)
>ExitFoutOpenTable:
>Set db = Nothing
>Exit Function
>FoutOpenTable:
>MsgBox "FoutOpenTable"
>Resume ExitFoutOpenTable
>End Function
>
>Can sombody help me?

If two users are attempting to edit the same record at the same time you will
in fact get this error. It's just a statement of fact: another user DOES have
the record open, and some decision must be made about which user's
incompatible changes are to be accepted and which to be rejected.

One big question - why why WHY are you (apparently) opening a table and
displaying the table datasheet to the user? Users should interact with data
using Forms, based on Queries; as a rule they should never even *SEE* a table.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Luciano on
No, the databse is not split; I tried it, but it takes about factor five more
time to update a fieldand that is must to slow.

From: Luciano on
I don't allow my users to access the tables; the whole application is based
on forms.