First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
How Can ZFC/PA do much of Math - it Can't Even Prove PA isConsistent(EASYPROOF)
herbzet wrote: Nam Nguyen wrote: herbzet wrote: The whole thing is nonsense, anyway. Clearly, PA is consistent, or at least, its consistency is at least as evident as the consistency of any system which purports to prove it. Sometimes it's much ... much simpler and more logical, ... 3 Jul 2010 21:09
How Can ZFC/PA do much of Math - it Can't Even Prove PA isConsistent(EASY PROOF)
Nam Nguyen wrote: herbzet wrote: The whole thing is nonsense, anyway. Clearly, PA is consistent, or at least, its consistency is at least as evident as the consistency of any system which purports to prove it. Sometimes it's much ... much simpler and more logical, humble, humanis... 3 Jul 2010 11:16
can we use the geometry template of finite-line vs. infinite-line to precision define finite-number vs. infinite-number? #626 Correcting Math
Let me get back to the more important math, rather than chasing down mistakes of logic in Euclid's IP proof. So we have the geometry side of mathematics with a precision definition of finite-line versus infinite-lines. Those definitions involve the fact that a finite-line is a line segment with two endpoints. ... 3 Jul 2010 03:42
could Euclid have done IP without knowing unique prime factorization? #625 Correcting Math
> [0] Michael *Hardy* and Catherine Woodgold, "*Prime* *Simplicity*",  *Mathematical Intelligencer<https://mail.google.com/wiki/Mathematical_Intelligencer> The above magazine article uses Ore's proof as what Euclid did as a Direct/Constructive proof of Infinitude of primes. I went and looked up this book by ... 6 Jul 2010 17:48
more on lemmas of contradiction; Weil's "Number Theory" and Ore's book #624 Correcting Math
Archimedes Plutonium wrote: (big snip) I want to say something further that I noticed and is probably a Lemma disease of reducto ad absurdum lemmas. Notice that Euclid's translated proof appears to have a lemma of contradiction, and that Ore seems to have retained that lemma of contradictio... 2 Jul 2010 21:15
As the length of the list of computable reals->oo, the lengthof all possible digit sequences on the list->oo.
On 07/02/2010 01:02 AM, |-|ercules wrote: Meanwhile a round robin helicopter contingent hovers over me for the last 20 years poking LASER signals at me that listen to audio Lasers are electromagnetic waves. Sonic waves are mechanical pressure waves. -- Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved ... 5 Jul 2010 04:34
Proton Radius derived from "Nobel Prize-winning" hedge-fund formula: BP's cap&trade!
rocks o'light, squeezin' thru th'aether; A=Mcc -- yahoo!TM. thus&so: numbertheory was always the ****, the higher arithmetic, the king of the sciences etc., but no more important than theo ther three elements of *mathematica*. When asked what good numbertheory was, Landau said, many people had gotten Ph... 2 Jul 2010 16:52
using geometry's finite-line & infinite-line and line rays to hopefully well-define finite-number & infinite-number #623 Correcting Math
So let me try going from geometry's precision well-defining of finite- line versus infinite-line to see if I can well-define Algebra's numbers. I do not expect to make progress on this because geometry has three different types of geometry with its NonEuclidean elliptic and hyperbolic. One thing is sure, tha... 2 Jul 2010 14:38
using geometry's finite-line & infinite-line and line rays to hopefully well-define finite-number & infinite-number #623 Correcting Math
So let me try going from geometry's precision well-defining of finite- line versus infinite-line to see if I can well-define Algebra's numbers. I do not expect to make progress on this because geometry has three different types of geometry with its NonEuclidean elliptic and hyperbolic. One thing is sure, tha... 2 Jul 2010 14:38
The set of all SUBSETS that don't contain themself -> PARADISE
The set of all SETS that don't contain themself -> PARADOX The set of all SUBSETS that don't contain themself -> PARADISE This is the status quo of early 21ST Century mathematics. In the 2nd subset version you can (attempt to) list the subsets and contain refers to the list position being an element of th... 5 Jul 2010 12:12