First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Countable ordinals
Is anything much known of the ones above w_1^CK ? What "naturally occurring" ones are there, way up there? -- Baffled Bill And God said Let there be numbers And there *were* numbers. Odd and even created he them, He said to them be fruitful and multiply And he commanded them to keep the laws of induction... 7 Jul 2010 21:12
Q.E.D.
<porky_pig_jr(a)my-deja.com> wrote ... Reading Stark, Number Theory. The first time he used Q.E.D., there's a footnote: "In English: Quite Easy Done". :-) I was just checking sci.math subjects to see if there was a reaction to my breakthrough infinity proof! C10 = 0.12345678910111213141516... 1/ th... 8 Jul 2010 18:07
References added to Theology & Science: The Bible Is Scientific
References added to Theology & Science: The Bible Is Scientific http://www.academic-genealogy.com/science.htm#THEOLOGY_and_SCIENCE ... 7 Jul 2010 00:25
9/11 was an inside job by BP's cap&trade ideologs, circa '91
here we go, again: prove that Bush knew he was lying about just *one* thing, please (such as, that cap&trade is "cap&tax," which he must've believed, because he didn't sign the God-am Kyoto Protocol). thank *you*, " ." Bush and Cheney told a lot of lies. thus&so: the other one -- which he apparently also... 6 Jul 2010 22:15
Science is no more than a refinement of our everyday thinking everyone uses even to criticize it
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:11:53 -0700, Immortalist wrote: Attitudes to science range all the way from uncritical admiration at one extreme, through distrust, resentment, and envy, to denigration and outright hostility at the other. Scientific inquiry is continuous with the most ordinary of everyday em... 6 Jul 2010 07:52
Euclid gave a valid Direct/constructive method proof of Infinitude of Primes #639 Correcting Math
Archimedes Plutonium wrote: I need to get back to my physics book, where I am in the middle of it with "missing mass". I was interrupted from that physics book by this: 2009 Mathematical Intelligencer magazine article: [0] Michael *Hardy* and Catherine Woodgold, "*Prime* *Simplicity*",... 6 Jul 2010 03:34
Science is no more than a refinement of our everyday thinking everyone uses even to criticize it
On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 19:11:53 -0700 (PDT), Immortalist <reanimater_2000(a)yahoo.com> wrote: Attitudes to science range all the way from uncritical admiration at one extreme, through distrust, resentment, and envy, to denigration and outright hostility at the other. Scientific inquiry is continuous with the mos... 6 Jul 2010 00:21
First Responders to Good Technical OPs on BP's cap&trade nostrum
as far as I know, the ethanol subsidies are creating a dustbowl in the Midwest, with the farmers building huge storages for corn to game the hedge-funds etc. ad vomitorium ... which, of course, are nothing, compared to Waxman's cap&trade. Itisassumedthatnearlyallofthegasolinerequiredfortheproductionofethanol ... 5 Jul 2010 23:15
Science is no more than a refinement of our everyday thinking everyone uses even to criticize it
Attitudes to science range all the way from uncritical admiration at one extreme, through distrust, resentment, and envy, to denigration and outright hostility at the other. Scientific inquiry is continuous with the most ordinary of everyday empirical inquiry. There is no mode of inference, no "scientific method... 9 Jul 2010 01:49
both valid constructive and contradiction proof methods of Infinitude of Primes (Euclid) #638 Correcting Math
I need to get back to my physics book, where I am in the middle of it with "missing mass". I was interrupted from that physics book by this: 2009 Mathematical Intelligencer magazine article: [0] Michael *Hardy* and Catherine Woodgold, "*Prime* *Simplicity*",  *Mathematical Intelligencer<https://mail.... 5 Jul 2010 18:53