First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
proof of Legendre Conjecture lead to a proof of Riemann Hypothesis? #691 Correcting Math
--- quoting from Wikipedia --- Riemann's hypothesis is concerned with the zeroes of the æ-function (i.e., s such that æ(s) = 0). The connection to prime numbers is that it essentially says that the primes are as regularly distributed as possible. From a physical viewpoint, it roughly states that the irregularity... 17 Jul 2010 14:08
mistake with the +1 and -1 Re: Proof of the Legendre Conjecture #690 Correcting Math
Archimedes Plutonium wrote: Here is how Wikipedia states the Legendre Conjecture: --- quoting Wikipedia --- Legendre's conjecture, proposed by Adrien-Marie Legendre, states that there is a prime number between n^2 and (n + 1)^2 for every positive integer n. The conjecture is one of Landau's problems ... 17 Jul 2010 07:40
Proof of the Legendre Conjecture #689 Correcting Math
Here is how Wikipedia states the Legendre Conjecture: --- quoting Wikipedia --- Legendre's conjecture, proposed by Adrien-Marie Legendre, states that there is a prime number between n^2 and (n + 1)^2 for every positive integer n. The conjecture is one of Landau's problems (1912) and unproven as of 2010. --- end q... 17 Jul 2010 05:32
Proof of the weak version of Goldbach that every odd number >5 is the sum of three primes #688: Correcting Math
--- quoting from Wikipedia on some other unsolved prime number problems --- Other conjectures relate the additive aspects of numbers with prime numbers: Goldbach's conjecture asserts that every even integer greater than 2 can be written as a sum of two primes, while the weak version states that every odd integer g... 17 Jul 2010 05:32
EINSTEINIANA, SPEED OF LIGHT AND NEWTON THE VILLAIN
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0806/0806.1234v1.pdf Mitchell J. Feigenbaum: "In this paper, not only do I show that the constant speed of light is unnecessary for the construction of the theories of relativity, but overwhelmingly more, there is no room for it in the theory. (...) We can make a few guesses. The... 19 Jul 2010 02:43
What is the difference between a value judgment and a fact (descriptionvs prescription)
Daniel T. wrote: Immortalista <extropy1(a)hotmail.com> wrote: I see many people try and disguise a value judgment as some sort of fact or just a value free description. How can one tell when someone is explaining some facts or just trying you to get interested in what he or she likes? You know, how... 17 Jul 2010 10:53
Galois Algebra Principle used to prove Goldbach Conjecture #686: Correcting Math
As far as I know, it has no name, so I am going to give it a name of the Galois Algebra Principle. Galois Algebra was discovered to fight the quintic problem in the 1800s. Now, I am using it to conquer the Goldbach Conjecture and also to show that Fermat's Last Theorem FLT is false unless a boundary between finit... 16 Jul 2010 16:35
LTE
It is said that the Lorentz Transformation Equations (LTE) have been experimentally confirmed by many different experiments. I would appreciate it if someone would provide a list of all the experiments that did so. glird ... 1 Aug 2010 17:01
Excuse me!!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's ... 16 Jul 2010 15:28
What is the difference between a value judgment and a fact (description vs prescription)
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:17:11 -0700, Immortalista wrote: I see many people try and disguise a value judgment as some sort of fact ... Programs of the brain. LOL!! ... 16 Jul 2010 07:43