From: greysky on
I have an Nvidia GTX 8800 - I am looking for a more up to date video card.
Any suggestions? Performance wise, will I see a lot of extra performance out
of the current crop of video cards, as compared with what I have? I have
moved to win 7 and I suppose direct x 11 is going to eventually be something
to have, even if it isn't much now...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4645 (20091128) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Jim on
On 11/28/2009 7:57 PM, Steve wrote:
> In article<4b11ca7b(a)news.x-privat.org>, ftlsite(a)hotmail.com says...
>>
>> I have an Nvidia GTX 8800 - I am looking for a more up to date video card.
>> Any suggestions? Performance wise, will I see a lot of extra performance out
>> of the current crop of video cards, as compared with what I have? I have
>> moved to win 7 and I suppose direct x 11 is going to eventually be something
>> to have, even if it isn't much now...
>
> The only DirectX 11 cards at the moment are the Radeon 58xx family.
>

>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4645 (20091128) __________

>> http://www.eset.com
>
> I hope Eset is paying you to advertise for them.

The new Radeon 58xx series are the new king. The 5870 single GPU is 30%
faster then anything on the market, and they just released the 5890
which is a Dual GPU and is even faster. December issure of MaximumPC had
a review on the 5870..
http://www.maximumpc.com/articles/reviews/hardware/videocards
The web site has more reviews on diferent brands of the 5870 and also
some other cards.

Jim