From: VanguardLH on
John wrote:

> I'm looking for a registry tool that can search the entire registry for a
> word like "symantec" then display them for me, so I can selectively delete
> "symantec".
>
> The reason for this is because sometimes symantec uninstaller in Add or
> Remove Programs get currupted and cannot "complete" the uninstall.
>
> Thanks

Nirsoft's RegScanner
From: LD55ZRA on
VanguardLH wrote:

>John wrote:
>

>>I'm looking for a registry tool that can search the entire registry for a
>>word like "symantec" then display them for me, so I can selectively delete
>>"symantec".
>>
>>The reason for this is because sometimes symantec uninstaller in Add or
>>Remove Programs get currupted and cannot "complete" the uninstall.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>Nirsoft's RegScanner

Yes. I second this nomination. Nirsoft seems to make nice small tools
that requires no installation. These can be run from cmd prompt or
simple by double-clicking with Windows Explorer.

From: Leythos on
In article <D6992CF9-00D8-4454-8C2D-068BD6177316(a)microsoft.com>,
John(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I'm looking for a registry tool that can search the entire registry for a
> word like "symantec" then display them for me, so I can selectively delete
> "symantec".
>
> The reason for this is because sometimes symantec uninstaller in Add or
> Remove Programs get currupted and cannot "complete" the uninstall.
>
> Thanks

Open the registry editor, press F3 (search) and enter what you want to
look for....

Trust yourself.
From: Terry R. on
On 3/16/2010 2:17 PM On a whim, Ken Blake, MVP pounded out on the keyboard

> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:09:01 -0700, John
> <John(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a registry tool that can search the entire registry for a
>> word like "symantec" then display them for me, so I can selectively delete
>> "symantec".
>>
>> The reason for this is because sometimes symantec uninstaller in Add or
>> Remove Programs get currupted and cannot "complete" the uninstall.
>

> You don't need any special tool. Regedit, the standard registry
> editor, has a built-in search function. Go to Edit | Find.

Why let regedit search ONE item at a time? Makes no sense, unless
you're getting paid by the hour...

Terry R.
From: Terry R. on
On 3/16/2010 4:55 PM On a whim, Leythos pounded out on the keyboard

> In article<D6992CF9-00D8-4454-8C2D-068BD6177316(a)microsoft.com>,
> John(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...
>> I'm looking for a registry tool that can search the entire registry for a
>> word like "symantec" then display them for me, so I can selectively delete
>> "symantec".
>>
>> The reason for this is because sometimes symantec uninstaller in Add or
>> Remove Programs get currupted and cannot "complete" the uninstall.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Open the registry editor, press F3 (search) and enter what you want to
> look for....

"display THEM" means to show all at once. Now is using regedit the
right answer?

Terry R.