From: Novrad on
I considered the source! Actually he's probably right. I believe this is
from a MS Visual Basic package and it's for those environments that have a
problem with their dll's and they have a replacement file that's part of a
package to correct the problem. The version number that I stated is/was
correct. I have the original version but needed the other updated one to see
if this will correct my problem [that has nothing to do with VB]. But as
stated MS may charge me for the request [per KB] and I don't wanna pay for
it! Maybe I'll post my query in a VB group. Thanks.

From: Novrad on
I know I mis-stated the file name - it's mfc71u.dll. Sorry - aq little
dyslexic.

From: Sinner on

"Novrad" <jimrx4(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>I know I mis-stated the file name - it's mfc71u.dll. Sorry - aq little
>dyslexic.

It does make a difference. I do have 2 copies of that file. One in the
system32 folder and the second in a folder having to do with my ATI video
card software. They are both the same version that you have.