From: Big John on
If this is not the correct group I'm sure someone will let me know--

Recently when I boot up, I get a notice that is titled: "SmartBridge
Alert:MotiveSB.exe entry point not located" then goes on to say "The
procedure entry point GetProcessFileNameW could not be located in the
dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"

This must be related to a program that I do not use often, because I
haven't run into any problems, but I would like to know more about it!

Can someone enlighten me?? I recently loaded some software that came
with a new Casio Digital camera, so thought it might be that. Thats the
only thing I've loaded recently.

Thanks in advance--

Big John
From: James L. Liles on
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:51:05 GMT, Big John
<watson6918(a)invalid.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

:->If this is not the correct group I'm sure someone will let me know--
:->
:->Recently when I boot up, I get a notice that is titled: "SmartBridge
:->Alert:MotiveSB.exe entry point not located" then goes on to say "The
:->procedure entry point GetProcessFileNameW could not be located in the
:->dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"
:->
:->This must be related to a program that I do not use often, because I
:->haven't run into any problems, but I would like to know more about it!
:->
:->Can someone enlighten me?? I recently loaded some software that came
:->with a new Casio Digital camera, so thought it might be that. Thats the
:->only thing I've loaded recently.

You might find this search useful...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=MotiveSB.exe&btnG=Google+Search

If you are using verizon as an ISP/Internet provider, then it is
likely a part of that.

--

I hope that this helps. 8-)

To reply by E-mail, just click reply.
From: jaster on
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:51:05 +0000, Big John thoughtfully wrote:

> If this is not the correct group I'm sure someone will let me know--
>
> Recently when I boot up, I get a notice that is titled: "SmartBridge
> Alert:MotiveSB.exe entry point not located" then goes on to say "The
> procedure entry point GetProcessFileNameW could not be located in the
> dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"
>
> This must be related to a program that I do not use often, because I
> haven't run into any problems, but I would like to know more about it!
>
> Can someone enlighten me?? I recently loaded some software that came with
> a new Casio Digital camera, so thought it might be that. Thats the only
> thing I've loaded recently.
>
> Thanks in advance--
>
> Big John

Sorry dude, I guess I'm cranky, but sometimes you gotta look before
asking. First thing posters could do is plug a module name into a Google
search.

http://www.google.com/search?q=PSAPI.DLL&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Then if you don't understand the results ask the question. In your case
it's less about the PSAPI.DLL than why you're getting the error. Plug
the error message "SmartBridge Alert:MotiveSB.exe" or "SmartBridge
Alert:MotiveSB.exe PSAPI.DLL" (both without quotes) into Google to see if
you get results. Post questions and links about the results.

From: Big John on
Big John wrote:
> If this is not the correct group I'm sure someone will let me know--
>
> Recently when I boot up, I get a notice that is titled: "SmartBridge
> Alert:MotiveSB.exe entry point not located" then goes on to say "The
> procedure entry point GetProcessFileNameW could not be located in the
> dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"
>
> This must be related to a program that I do not use often, because I
> haven't run into any problems, but I would like to know more about it!
>
> Can someone enlighten me?? I recently loaded some software that came
> with a new Casio Digital camera, so thought it might be that. Thats the
> only thing I've loaded recently.
>
> Thanks in advance--
>
> Big John

Well at least I have learned that the problem is probably a result of
having downloaded the new IE7, and I have found a couple of ways to
eliminate it so thanks for the help! Maybe Microsoft will fix it some year.

BJ

--
------------------------------
Pay your taxes promptly!! -- 12 million illegal aliens need your support!!
From: bigjon on
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:51:05 GMT, Big John wrote:

> If this is not the correct group I'm sure someone will let me know--
>
> Recently when I boot up, I get a notice that is titled: "SmartBridge
> Alert:MotiveSB.exe entry point not located" then goes on to say "The
> procedure entry point GetProcessFileNameW could not be located in the
> dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"
>
> This must be related to a program that I do not use often, because I
> haven't run into any problems, but I would like to know more about it!
>
> Can someone enlighten me?? I recently loaded some software that came
> with a new Casio Digital camera, so thought it might be that. Thats the
> only thing I've loaded recently.
>
> Thanks in advance--
>
> Big John

Recently discovered IE7 problem.
Surprised the regulars in here don't know about it - they all seem to know
most everything....

SmartBridge� is distributing an older version of PSAPI.DLL. As a result,
users might receive the following error message after installation of
Internet Explorer 7:

SmartBridge Alerts:MotiveSB.exe Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located
in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL

To work around this error:

a.. Go to the installation location for SmartBridge
(\ProgramFiles\Verizon...\Smart...)
b.. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
c.. Restart the computer
The program should find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32
directory and function normally.