From: BC Berry on
I noticed this first in Q10 but but found the same issue in Q7:

I have a paycheck set up one line in the paycheck showing company paid
insurance benefits being transferred to an insurance account. After
viewing a tax report, I found I had used an income catagory instead of
an expense for the transfer so it was being counted as income twice.

I created a new catagory under insurance and used the EDIT/REPLACE
function to change the catagory of the transfer line in all affected
paycheck entries. When this finally finished, I found most (but not
all) of the changed paycheck entries in my registry had all the
details missing. The tax report now shows near zero salary for the
year.

I restored a backup and tried again, doing the same thing manually one
paycheck at a time. After a few changes, I check and sure enough, the
paycheck details were wiped out.

How do I change the catagory of lines in a paycheck in the register
without wiping out the paycheck details?