From: Bruce. on
I'm a Money convert, at least I'm trying to be.

I can't seem to get my head around how Quicken treats payees.

There are 2 seperate areas, Memorized Payees and the Address Book. Right
now having imported from Money the two payee lists look pretty identical.

If you go in to Address Book, the first column is payee, but Memorized
Payees also refers to payees. In Memorized Payees there is a Address button,
so they seem to be related, somehow.

Yet, if I add a new Address Book entry, it doesn't show up on the Memorized
Payee list, and if I add one to Memorized Payees, it doesn't show up on the
Address book.

So how are these related? If I want to enter a new payee, which one do I
use to be able to send an online payment?

If the Address Book is just that, an isolated address book not otherwise
used by paying bills, I don't really need that

Can someone clue me in to how these two areas are used, and how they are
related, if at all?

Another thing that seems odd. No where I can find is a button or tab to
call up either Memorized Payees or Address Book. The only way there is the
menu. Considering how central payees are to everything Quicken does, don't
they deserve a tab or button somewhere, or am I missing something?

Thanks.
Bruce.

From: Bruce. on
> I can't seem to get my head around how Quicken treats payees.
> Can someone clue me in to how these two areas are used, and how they are
> related, if at all?

And just to confuse me more, there is also an Online Payee list, which seems
to be independant of both the Address Book and Memorized Payees.

If I enter a new Online Center Payee and select a payee from the Memorized
Payee list, the new Online Center Payee doesn't prefill in the street
address from the Memorized Payee entry, forcing me to enter it yet again.

So now I have Address Book, Online Payees, and Memorized Payees. Can
someone clue me in? Do I have to enter a new payee 3 times?

Bruce.