From: mred on
Upgraded to Quicken 2010 Premier from Quicken Premier 2009 yesterday.
Using an Hp desktop w/MS Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system. I
experienced zero problems. Wanted to report positive experience.
--

mred

From: Steven E. Harris on
mred <mred(a)invalid.invalid> writes:

> Wanted to report positive experience.

I noticed that Quicken 2010 takes about twice as long to start up as
2007, but the computer on which I'm observing this lag is arguably no
longer modern.

--
Steven E. Harris
From: JimH on
Steven E. Harris wrote:
> mred <mred(a)invalid.invalid> writes:
>
>> Wanted to report positive experience.
>
> I noticed that Quicken 2010 takes about twice as long to start up as
> 2007, but the computer on which I'm observing this lag is arguably no
> longer modern.

I don't have Q2010 yet. but from what I've read here, the new version
combined all of the data files into one big file. If that larger file is
badly fragmented, it would slow down the loading of the file, and the
program startup. Defragging the hard drive might help.

--
Jim
From: mred on
Yes its one .QDF file now.
I posted because my upgrade was 100% uneventful. Frequently negative
comments are posted. My experience was positive.
Generally speaking I upgrade every year. I waited till the program had
been out several months, to minimize issues.
It work, I had none.
Also on my system there wasn't any system slowdown.

From: Robert Neville on
JimH <JimH(a)invalid.net> wrote:

>I don't have Q2010 yet. but from what I've read here, the new version
>combined all of the data files into one big file. If that larger file is
>badly fragmented, it would slow down the loading of the file, and the
>program startup. Defragging the hard drive might help.

I have a 63MB QDF file and haven't noticed any difference between QD2009 and
QD2010.